“Friday night fun with the spirits at Wickland!”
Review of Spirits Of Wickland - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spirits Of Wickland
Gainesville, Florida
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Friday night fun with the spirits at Wickland!”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Considered one of the best Federal-style houses in KY, a walk through this mansion is topped off with a psychic medium who helps communicate with the spirits of Wickland. Michael Wilhite and Dixie Hibbs led our group through a 90 minute parnormal family-friendly tour. We enjoyed our evening, a real treat!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank AlbertAlberta2012

New Carlisle, Ohio
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Very interesting experience but not for excitement-seekers.”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I returned to Bardstown and joined my siblings for the evening tour and was pleased to find that THE local historian was part of the mix. It was very low key with lots of time for questions but not for someone looking for fast-paced excitement or cheap thrills. Dixie (the historian) and our medium (one of a set of twins) sat and explained the history of the site and the medium explained how she and her sister had come to their understanding and use of their abilities and experiences. Much like the kid from The Sixth Sense movie, they did not seek (nor are they seeking) a name for themselves in this arena, but rather are glad to be part of a team that uses the local spirits and the historian in tandem to validate the experience of those who lived in the home and who have passed through the area. The best part but slowest time due to each individual getting a turn was using divining rods of sort in the cellar where an agreeable/known spirit chose to answer questions and move the rods in response to questions from some of the participants. None of the three in my party are particularly "believers" but we all came away with the feeling that we had experienced something truly beyond explanation and worth the time spent. Additionally, the modest fee goes to support and maintain the beautiful old home. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to spend an evening with an open mind.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank comerharris
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“I would go every week if I lived close by”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I came to this site to see what others say about the Spirit Tour, not planning to review it, but when I saw a negative review, I had to add an endorsement of Wickland on Friday nights - surely one of the best-kept secrets in Kentucky. I've been twice this year, and if I lived near Bardstown, I would go every week that I could. I find it totally fascinating and genuine, and this is from a non-believer. I'm not particularly interested in paranormal stuff; I went on the tour because I have family in the area, we were looking for something to do, and my husband watches a few ghost-hunting shows on TV for fun. I was amazed by how entertaining and believable the tour is. I know it sounds crazy, but we all really think we were communicating with spirits of past residents. The mediums who give the tours are locals, 20-something twin sisters, and they are sweet and genuine. They are incredibly generous to give these tours because while they earn money, yes, it's not much, and it comes at a great personal cost: Evidently they lost a lot of friends in town when they revealed that they are mediums and have endured a lot of nasty comments, to say the least. They will be on TV soon, just wait. Go on the tour while you can, because they won't be working there forever. Probably not much longer.

The site's historian leads the tours and interprets a lot of information that comes through from the spirits. The historian is a former mayor of Bardstown and has published many books. She seems more than credible.

It's not a spooky or creepy experience at all. Kids are welcome; the only risk is that they'll lose patience over 90 minutes or so. We took a 7-year-old, and she liked it.

PM me with questions if you want more information.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank IndyMegan
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“What a waste of time and money!”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I don't know if the twins whom are part of this are psychic or not,but I,as well as a couple of others got the feeling that they would have rather been any where but the Wickland mansion.The mansion itself is gorgeous,but nearly empty of any furnishings save for some quilts that were for sale.The night we went the crowd was at near capacity and that may have been the problem.The event was supposed to last from 7:30 until 9PM.We got out of there at 11PM.Dixie Hibbs is a very nice and knowledgable lady,but she couldn't save this train wreck.
I'll definately be going back to Bardstown but this won't be on my list of revisits.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kejola1969
Louisville,KY
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good fun and well presented”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Fun experience using mediums and a historian for fact checking. Worth the time and effort. Whatever you believe about spirits, you'll learn something here as Dixie Hibbs the historian paints a picture of the house in its heyday with the help of the mediums for dramatic effect.

Visited June 2011