“Amazingly friendly service!”

Americas Inn Bardstown
Americas Inn Bardstown
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bardstown
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Excellent service. We were in town for the bourbon festival and we had on-demand rides into and out of town all weekend. Not the best location but if you can get rides from the Inn, it's no problem.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Simon T
There are newer reviews for Americas Inn Bardstown

Reviewed 18 September 2011

I'm assuming that this is the same place that I just came from, which was called America's Inn Bardstown with same address as above (http://aibardstown.com/aibardstown.com/Info.html). Based on the reviews below, however, I'm not sure it could have been the same place. A group of us rented 5 rooms for Bourbon fest. For the price, all we were expecting was a roof over our head. But this place turned out to be the kind of place that makes me nostalgic for the days when family-run businesses were the norm. The amount of care and pride that the owners had in the place was obvious in everything from the cleanliness of the rooms to the beautiful plants outside the rooms. Mike, one of the owners, helped us arrange everything. He was literally on call for the whole weekend to ensure that we had an awesome and safe stay (he even picked us up from the bar on Saturday when we couldn't find another ride home). I know these reviews are less believable when they are gushing with positives, but that was truly how our experience turned out.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank john p
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Terrible place. The sheets smelled moldy, our window had been shot and was cracked, the mini fridge did not work, there was no coffee for the coffee maker(asked them, they were out) the heater or air conditioner is setup on a timer so it will only run for a couple minutes at a time and shutoff. The room will become very cold or hot. We had no hot water, the floors are made out of cheap plywood so we heard the guests above us walking around and having sex all night. The manager had to run my card again after I already had it run the night before. Still waiting to see if I was double charged for this travesty. I went to ask for ice and they don't even have an ice maker!!!! I have stayed in some crappy motels, but this one takes the cake. When I confronted the manager the next morning about the bad service, she was very rude to me and told me to leave.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank tuckywood
Reviewed 5 November 2009

I read the review about the owner not refunding the patron's money after cancelling his reservation, and felt I should chime in based on my experience there last year.

I stayed there for the 2008 Bourbon Festival, not really expecting much more than a bed for the price I paid through Orbitz. On arrival, the owner started arguing over the reservation we made with Orbitz, saying they quoted the wrong price. Hard to see how that was my problem, so we argued some more when he tried to charge additional moolah to my credit card. Honestly, the con irked me so much I would have stayed somewhere else if all the inns around Bardstown weren't already booked for the weekend. After exhausting myself with check-in, I made the mistake of taking a shower. How was that a mistake? No shampoo...only one tiny bar of soap. Seriously, this is the 21st century, all hotels provide shampoo!!! To top it off, or should I say "slough it off", the towels would have worked better hooked up to a floor sander. I didn't know it was possible to injure yourself with a towel, but learned they provide them in 60 grit without any special request.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank NCBourbon
Reviewed 19 September 2009

My wife and I had planned on visiting Bardstown for the Bourbon Festival but were unable to make it due to other obligations. We canceled our reservations way before their deadline and the owner still charged us. We we tried to contact them about the over site and were given the run around by both the owner and his staff. And at this point we still haven't received our money back.
Watch yourself with this one.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigHuddy
Reviewed 3 September 2009

I recently had to stop in bardstown for an unscheduled trip and decided to try this place because i was in a hurry and it was right off the parkway. The landscaping was beautiful and the place seemed clean on the outside. I rushed in to get a room and check in to a king suite of theirs at $66 total. I got in the room and to my surprise this little place had the largest rooms I have been in, immaculate, 29 inch TV with all my favorites including fox, high speed internet, coffee maker in the room, true high speed internet, microwave, refridgerator and the friendliest staff I have ever met! If you want bang for your buck visit this little locally owned place. You cant go wrong!

My wife and I will be travelling back for the bourbon festival and will stay with them along with our dog! Great to have a pet friendly hotel too!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank nickk2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardstown
General Nelson Inn
Bourbon Manor Bed & Breakfast
Old Talbott Tavern
Old Talbott Tavern
#5 of 10 in Bardstown

Been to Americas Inn Bardstown? Share your experiences!