“Great Locale For A Wedding”

My Old Kentucky Home
More attraction details
Owner description: My Old Kentucky Home is one of the most famous songs to have ever been written, but it is also the name of a hallowed and beautiful Kentucky farm with many rich layers of history waiting to be explored and experienced. My Old Kentucky Home is a marvel of elegance and charm, as architecturally magnificent today as it was more than two centuries ago. Your guided house by our costumed guides spans two floors of the mansion, originally named "Federal Hill." On select days, our talented guides will sing the song, "My Old Kentucky Home," for tour guests. See 170 year old antique artifacts including paintings, high-style furniture, lavish period decor, and the carefully curated interiors of Kentucky's most famous landmark.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 784 helpful votes
“Great Locale For A Wedding”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had a friend get married here last year.

Signs were kind of misleading, but we found it.

Very pretty. They had a summer wedding and got married outside under the gazebo (although not all the chairs matched). She came in on a horse-drawn carriage.

IF it would have rained, wedding would have been a lot different. As it didn't, it was quite lovely.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank cksportsfan

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Restored home is worth the trip”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We didn't know much about the attraction until we spoke with one of the staff at the Heaven Hill Heritage Center. The home was formerly called Federal Hill and was NOT owned by Steven Foster. He did stay there and wrote what is now the state of KY theme song. The tour is nicely done and we thought it worth the price of admission.

Pleasant Ridge, Michigan
“Wish we were there in June”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Nice park and the tour of the mansion informative and beautiful. Nothing to dislike. The outdoor theater does not open until June. Would have liked to see the show.

Austin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Lovely city”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This lovely park is at the center of Bardstown, Kentucky, one of the oldest cities west of the Applachians and in the center of Kentucky bourbon country. My Old Kentucky Home is a beautiful ante-bellum mansion, where Stephen Foster often stayed when visiting relatives in the area, and it served as a backdrop for his song "My old Kentucky Home". During summer months,
an outdoor drama based on this is performed in the park. Bardstown is within easy driving distance of all of the bourbon distilleries. I especially like Maker's Mark in Loretta, where the home convent of the Sisters of Loretta is also located. Also easily accessible is Abraham Lincoln's birthplace and early farm home (as well as many other sites associated with the extended Lincoln family). My favorite place to eat in Bardstown is the Old Talbot Tavern, which dates back to 1779. Their country ham dinner is delicious!

1 Thank Gerrell D M
The Villages, Florida
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“The tour of the Rowan house was excellent”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Very knowledgeable tour guides. The house furnishings are beautiful. The home is papered and painted in style as it would have been when the family lived there.