General Nelson Inn
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
US$173
Travelocity
White Acres Campground(Bardstown)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$95
US$93
Country Inn
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

All reviewsbourbon trailshort staygreat hot breakfastroom fitwalking distance to townroom was cleanseparate buildingsausageclose to downtownmotel stylenice outdoor poolfront desk staff was very friendlyreasonable rateshard boiled eggsbarton distillerynew carpetwill stay there again
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good value. Rooms are dated but clean. Nice outside sitting area in front of hotel though it needs to be cleaned daily (Furniture and floor were dirty). We had two rooms carpet in both were wet. Told the person at front desk who explained all carpets had been cleaned that day but should be dry. One of the rooms the floor was wet for two days. We were told there were no other rooms though the place wasn’t full.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

my husband & I stayed 2 nights. we normally stay at Hampton Inns, but the price at the Hampton Inn was very pricey for the area (in our opinion). after reading the reviews we decided to stay here. it is fairly updated & beds were comfortable, but the bathrooms were not very clean - there was a lot of built up dirt around the floor & bathtub - our bathtub had a long strand of hair in it that did not belong to us. don't believe the reviews regarding the breakfast - it was barely edible. definitely don't recommend it - save the calories. the pool looked very inviting & since it was in the 80s we really would've enjoyed a dip...however, they (mgmt.) kept saying that it had not been inspected for use yet (?). the gate was padlocked. when I called to reserve the room I was told it would be inspected by the time we arrived & ready for use. we were told the same thing both days we were there. next time we'll stay at a different hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Staff was friendly and courteous. Hotel does need some updating. My only real complaint was that the parking lot was being paved the week I was there. I have bad allergies and the smell of tar did not help. My reservation was made a month in advance so I wished they had let me know that the paving was going to happen that week.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Yes, this is an older motel, but I have no complaints! Friendly staff. Quiet location. Easy walk to town and a nice tavern. Easy access to the Jim Beam Distillery. Basic, clean room. Good motel style breakfast. Pool wasn’t open for the summer, but we were to tired to care.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marge R
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Rode in from TN and looking for a clean place to sleep. The room was clean, the shower was hot, and the bed was comfy. The buffet next door hit the spot for dinner. Met a few bourdon connoisseurs out front, everyone was friendly! I can’t say the hotel or its staff was better or worse than average, but it was close to everything. And the breakfast was good, decent selection, with make your own large waffles! I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends