“Unsafe for Families, and Anyone else!”
Review of Downtown SuperInn

Downtown SuperInn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Bardstown
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We prepaid for 3 nites. Everything they show in the Pic's are nothing like the hotel itself. Some rooms had no number's on them and they had broken glass and locks on these. The Police were called out 3 times the first nite! So very dirty we slept in our clothes on top of the cover's. Left very next morning and told them we would not be back. Big Safety issue's and Filthy as I have ever seen!

Room Tip: Just BEWARE of THIS PROPERTY! Just Look for another one as their are many in Louisville & Eliza...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

The room was a king size bed. Crowed. Dirty, stained chair. Mould in the bathroom. No wifi. Only one towel in bathroom plus one hand yowl. No ice machine. Pool was dirty. Sheets clean but carpet dirty. I would not stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I always try to give the most fair reviews possible, and for this particular Days Inn I contemplated between a poor and average rating on it. We were in Bardstown for Labor Day weekend and only needed a room for a night. Some of the other hotels in the area were really overpriced so when we found this one for only $50 a night we took it.

First I'll comment on the positive things. The room was typical and had clean sheets and a clean bathroom area. The air conditioning worked well, especially since we stayed during a time of 100 degree temps. There was plenty of lighting and storage space, with a small microwave and a nice size fridge. The bed was pretty comfortable, and for me that means a lot since I was crushed from the waist down in a car accident years ago and have permanent injuries. I can't take a bed that isn't pretty soft.

The one issue that made me almost check out of this place was the awful, nose burning smell. It was terrible. It was a powerful, sinus cavity invading stench. My husband had a sinus cold due to allergies so he got by without having to endure this. The carpet was very old and tattered and felt damp. I stayed because it was late, we were tired, but mainly because the price was much better than other places. The cold air conditioning helped lower the horrible smell a little, but we ended up purchasing some febreeze and spraying the carpet over and over to dilute the stench. The place is older and could really use some new carpeting and other cosmetic repairs. If it hadn't of been for that awful smell it may not have been too bad.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My family spent the night here on the way to a vacation in Texas. We found our room clean and the beds most comfortable. The landscaping was outstanding. The biggest problem with the room was the air conditioner. It was one that turns on and off to save power. Luckily, we brought a fan or we would have had trouble sleeping. The continental breakfast in the morning was somewhat sparse. We found the receptionists to be very helpful, both when we checked in at 9:30 P.M. and when we checked out the next morning. I also found the high-speed internet to be outstanding.

One problem....the motel is somewhat more off the Blue Grass Parkway that advertised, and the town of Bardstown is TERRIBLE for directions. Directions to the Blue Grass Parkway in the form of signs are not available until we got out of town. We did not lost, and two locals we asked directions for said getting lost was a frequent problem for out-of-towners.

Should we ever return, we have no problem returning. I did not check the reviews until the next night and was somewhat surprised at the negative reviews. Maybe the central office of Days Inn has read the local franchise the riot act, and things have been corrected.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WaltonTiger
Reviewed 4 June 2011

A lot of bad reviews. It's not that bad but there is truth in how unclean this place is. Furniture and room amnenites are newer but completely unkept. Stains, scratches, and general wear & tear everywhere. Most places fix or at least cover up but not here. I would show sympathy for the owner due to the economy but it seems to be run by an Indian family and they all drive very new and nice bmw's. Easy to see they just don't put any money back into the place. For the price I can look past most but the reason I'll never stay again is that the towels are covered in stains, gross!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Rplang2
Reviewed 31 January 2011

The Wi-Fi didn't work, some of the power outlets didn't work, the heater fan was noiy and blew the curtains open when it was on, the refrigerator was extremely noisy, two light bulbs were out. waffles from the waffle iron came out with uncooked liquid in the center, and there were lumps in the apple juice.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2010

This hotel was anything but nice. The fitted sheets on the beds came undone in minutes. The plumbing made a mysterious squeal that I'm sure the other hotel guests enjoyed at 5:30 am. The towels were slightly less coarse than sandpaper. When we left the room to go play golf in 90 + degrees we came back only to discover the clueless cleaning staff had SHUT OFF OUR AIR CONDITIONING!!!!! The room was at least 100 degrees. I was scared to really investigate the cleanliness because of what I might find. The continental breakfast started at 7:30 a.m. Pretty much useless for those who have plans to leave town early or say play golf in the morning. Avoid this dump.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends