“Stay out of my room!!!”

Downtown SuperInn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Bardstown
“Stay out of my room!!!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed over in the winter for a couple of days. The first day we went to breakfast and came back and our room was chilly.They cleaned our room and turned our heat way down, we didn't think much of it until we left later on that day for about an hour or two and came back and our room was freezing again.By this time I had enough. I went straight to the manager and all he did was lecture me about leaving the heat on. First of all it was not even on high, it was low heat. So I told him I paid for the room and it was none of his business if I wanted some heat in the room.You don't go into somebody's room and turn their heat down or off. Rude and hateful and I'll never be back.

• Stayed January 2013
6 Thank NateB4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fairview, Illinois
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Wanting to stay in Bardstown instead 20 mile out, we waited to long to reserve our rooms for Labor Day Weekend. The only options left were the old Days Inn or HoJo. They cut every corner you can imagine to save a buck and then some. They unplug everything in the room as to not waste electricity. Problem is that when you unplug the mini fridge, it defrosts and the puddle it creates in a 90returneddegree room is not a good combination. No coffee makers, or shampoo, not even a cup to get a drink with. Ice machine is buried in a pile of junk and has not been run in quite some time. Soda machine is unplugged. We walked down to Manny's @ 8:30 Sunday morning for breakfast and when we returned about 9:30 the office and breakfast area was still locked up. - Oh, if you book online your card is processed as soon as possible, so don't worry about not paying. If you do not need to stay in town, there are nicer places for less up the road in Shepherdsville. *FYI- when buying Bourbon check out the Kroger Liquor store.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank 04HOG

Travellers are raving about these Bardstown hotels

Fairview, Illinois
Reviewed 3 September 2013

the ice and soda machine clearly have not been running for years. The main lobby closed at 6 p.m. and was still not open when we left at 8:30 a.m., so we did not "check-out". The reciept we signed on check-in had no price on it - we were told it was whatever we agreed to on-line. . . The pool was empty and decaying -- a real accident waiting to happen. They are clearly not putting anything into it - just taking as much until they are closed down. Our friends had a large growth of black mould on the ceiling.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Radine K
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Don't stay. We were hoping this motel would be a good value, but the room was not clean (corners had cobwebs and a dead cockroach in the bathroom). Wireless barely worked and when we approached management about this we were told to open our window (which didn't have a screen). We will not be eating the free breakfast because the lobby doesn't appear clean either.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Moiraleigh
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We booked a room here for a week this past April. A week later our plans changed and we had to call and cancel our reservation. I asked for a confirmation no. for our cancellation and was told I didn't need one and that everything was taken care of. Last week while reviewing my credit card statement, there was a charge for the full week from this hotel. When I called to inquire about it, I was asked for the confirmation no. which I never received. I was told they would check on it and get back to me and I never received a call back. I have submitted a complaint with the BBB. I would highly recommend avoiding this hotel!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank gramagummi
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Can't believe the board of health hasn't shut this hotel down. Opened the door and the smell took my breath away!! Mold growing on the wall, stains on sheets and comforter, holes in the blankets and pillowcases, stained chairs went well with leaning wobbling table, hair in the dirty bathtub and floor was stained and sticky, exposed bare wires were hanging from the ceiling light, and the curtain rods were about to come out of the wall. Wish I would have taken pictures to post. We were shown a second room equally disgusting!! Pretty sure any positive remarks about this hotel were written by the owners.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank teri4072
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 20 May 2013

stayed here first time because other hotels had no open rooms, some has but there rates were more than double and we cant afford that much,room was clean and nice, staff was also good, breakfast was ok, slept well at night, was quite, overall we had an excellent stay here at very reasonable price compare to other hotels. we will definitely stay here again and suggest to other friends too.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank brookie r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardstown
General Nelson Inn
Wingfield Inn & Suites
Wingfield Inn & Suites
#3 of 17 in Elizabethtown
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville

Been to Downtown SuperInn? Share your experiences!