Hampton Inn Bardstown
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Bardstown
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Check-in/Check-Out - A+
When I arrived, they already had everything prepared for check-in, just needed my name. Check-out didn't even require a stop at the desk.

Room - C
There were numerous entrances so it was easy to park close to the rooms. The room itself was nothing special. The bed and pillows were okay. The desk chair was pretty well worn. I also had issues with my phone charger not working in most of the outlets. I thought the walls seemed thin. My co-worker was in the room next to me and when I would call him, I could hear his phone ringing through the wall. I told him about my phone call with another co-worker, and he said "I know, I heard." This did not become a major issue for me, but I imagine it could depending on your neighboring rooms.

Bathroom - A
The bathroom was pretty standard for a Hampton Inn, but this is one of the few hotels I've been in where it looks like housekeeping and done a good job scrubbing the entire bathroom and not just parts of it.

Location - B
The hotel was easy to locate. I enjoyed the restaurant Rebecca's Pepperoni Grill directly across the street, that stays open late. The local attractions aren't too far away and there are lots of signs.

Value - B
From the pictures of the local hotels, this was the one I preferred, even though it was the most expensive. I was satisfied with the additional cost, I would stay again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 December 2012

We arrived into Bardstown pretty late and the first thing I noticed as we were driving through Bardstown was the smell! It was wonderful! Sweet smell (great candle scent)! The hotel was was clean and well appointed. Our room was fine (it's a Hampton) and was well maintained. We did not have any issues with mildew, or old room feel. It was recently updated and felt clean and comfortable. The only con, is that the hotel is not in the quaint downtown.

For some distillery recommendations, I would visit Willett (great boutique feel, however it was pretty annoying paying for a tasting and then having the host use a measuring cup to measure our samplings), Buffalo Trace (great! - no measuring here!) we also went to Barton's.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jody_Brookshire
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Rooms were very clean, and quiet, even though they were having some rennovations being done. The staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was better than some hotels because of the different variety. Overall great stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank TaraLynn74
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We recently visited Bardstown with the intention of touring the Jim Beam distillary. We did not have reservations but were pleased to be able to get a room at the Hampton. Upon arriving, the person at the front desk was extremely helpful and also recommended an excellent place to eat that evening called The Bourbon Street Bistro. Our room was very clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast had a nice variety of items and was just enough to get the day started. I would, however,suggest trying to keep the oatmeal a little warmer. Other than that, everyting else was excellent. The staff all greeted us in the hallway and made us feel very welcome. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: The building is very long, so if you don't want to walk or have any kind of handicap, you may wa...
1  Thank Susan S
Ted B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Dear Susan S.
Thank you for your positve review of the Hampton Inn. We are very glad that you enjoyed your experience in Bardstown. Please come back again and visit. It would be our pleasure to see you again!
Kindly,
Ted Burunoff

Reviewed 26 November 2012

We were hoping that the Hampton Inn name would imply a somewhat nicer establishment... to the contrary. Everything was about average, nothing really to complain about... except for staff unable to transfer our future reservation to our current room that we paid for the night before, an ice machine a country mile from the back of the hotel, and.... oh yeah. The pool. The area itself was very clean and well kept, the air temperature was in the 90s, very cozy for this time of year. Unfortunately the pool water temperature felt frigid compared to the air temperature. When I checked a box on the wall, I noticed both an alarm and a maintenance light blinking. I did not bother bringing it to the staff's attention because I figured it would take several days to bring the pool's temperature up to a more realistic level. Oh, and little pillows. I hate tiny pillows.

Room Tip: Ice machine and pool are in the middle of the hotel complex.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We want you to know that we have worked with our maintenance team to correct the issues with our pool, and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 November 2012 via mobile

We were taken to 3 rooms before we were given a clean/unoccupied room. That's right- we got the the key to a family already sleeping in their room. This should not happen and I will never stay here again in my trips to bardstown!

• Stayed: October 2012
Ted B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Dear westernky2,
I apologize for your experience. This is unacceptable in any hotel.
I am very interested in identifying training opportunities so that others do not have the same experience. Please call me to discuss the details of your stay.
Ted Burunoff, GM

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here for a night while we went to Maker's Mark distillery for the Cocktail Party on 11/3/2012.
It's very clean, well furnished and the breakfast is very good. The beds and pillows were comfortable. There was a fridge and microwave in the room.
We were allowed into our room upon arrival at 2pm.
The motel also has a pool and exercise room.
It was quiet in the room.
We would stay here again, if the occasion arises.

2  Thank derjimmer
Ted B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear derjimmer,
Thank you for you nice comments regarding your recent stay in the area. We are glad that you chose to stay at the Hampton Inn and look forward to a return visit, because we love having you here!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardstown
General Nelson Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Hampton Inn Lebanon
Hampton Inn Lebanon
#1 of 2 in Lebanon

Been to Hampton Inn Bardstown? Share your experiences!