“Quotas for retired military discount”

Hampton Inn Bardstown
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Bardstown
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Room was great, hotel staff (other than check-in) was great. Check in person was not offensive in any way, just adamant that there were no more discounts available. I had made my reservation months in advance, but at the time was unaware that there was a discount for military. I figured I could ask about it upon arrival, no problem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is our second trip to Bardstown and we wanted to upgrade our hotel room for my fiances birthday (Okay it was me who decided, but she loved it) and I decided to do so at Hampton. We are into our second night and cannot really find anything bad about it (Other than the ice machine not working on our floor). The rooms are clean, well equipped, and everything works great. Beds are very comfortable. Have fireplace and hot tub in room and they are fantastic features. Quite a bit more for the upgrade, but after a long day of visiting distilleries and eating probably more than one person should in a day, it is so nice to come back to the room and totally relax. Nothing like sipping Bourbon, sitting in a hot tub with your significant other with a fire glowing on the other side of the room :-). Guys it is well worth the extra money. My significant other is already napping and I get to sip her share of the bourbon....BONUS.

Staff was helpful and friendly and the breakfast was not bad. She was busy working on breakfast, but she kept it full all while keeping it pretty clean. Been to some continental breakfasts where I grabbed a coffee and a bagel, but that was not the case here, it was very well done. Food is average, but it is continental and it started are busy day off on the right foot.

Pool is very clean, workout room is small, but it works good if you need to burn a few calories.

This hotel is Loooong from the front to the rear, we are staying in the back, so everything is a really long walk to get to, if you have trouble walking long distances be sure to ask for a room a little closer. If your coming with family, showering and getting ready could potentially be a problem as the only sink is in the bathroom. These issues are minor and not really a problem during my visit, just wanted to mention them.

I would recommend this hotel and do plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Very comfortable bed and nice bedding. Room was very clean. Complimentary breakfast was much better than most and staff was was willing to make some items to order. It seems ridiculous to require a 200 character minimum for this review.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was my umpteenth visit to a Hampton Inn and it certainly didn’t disappoint. This one is within a short drive to all Bardstown’s main attractions; but set in a quiet rural style setting. You’ll get a great night’s rest here.
We planned on exploring the length of the Bourbon Trail, but if we were staying all week in Bardstown, this would have been my choice. All the typical room comforts you expect, capped with a great breakfast buffet each morning.
Didn’t use it; but the inside pool was large and inviting. The exercise room had all the machines I typically use.
Staff was friendly and ready to help at a moment’s notice. Couldn’t have asked for a better stay. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Ted B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear TravelWriterDB,
Thank you for the wonderful review of the Hampton Inn! We think we are Bardstown's premier hotel and I am glad to have your glowing endorsement!
Please come back, or at least, give some of our Cleveland area friends a reason to visit Bardstown!
Kindly,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Decent price. Clean. Free wifi. Good buffet breakfast. If all you're going to do is sleep there, this hotel fits the bill. Close to town. Plus Bardstown is a good central location for the Bourbon Trail. The hotel was quiet and has a pool and workout room in you're so inclined.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GooseandGander,
Thank you for staying with us recently. We appreciate your recommendation on the facilities at the Hampton Inn of Bardstown. We loved having you here!
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at this Hampton Inn in early Spring. The one thing I like about Hampton Inns is their consistency across the chain. You know exactly what the room amenities will look like and what the basic breakfast choices will be.

This particular Hampton Inn is set up as a 2 story building with a very LONG hallway. A lot of these hotels are set up as 4 story buildings keeping you in close to the lobby. This one seemed to have the same number of rooms stretched out on two stories. I will say that there are plenty of entrances spread out along the building to allow close and easy access to the parking lot, but it is a long walk from a room in the back to the breakfast area.

The kids enjoyed the pool area. There were enough chairs for the adults to relax on. There seemed to be a sports team (or maybe two?) staying at the hotel the same time we did. There was plenty of room for everyone in the pool. I was a little disappointed that the pool area was not serviced while we were there in the late evening. They were out of fresh towels and lots of wet ones were laying around the area. We were able to grab some towels from the workout room next door, so it was no big deal. It would be nice if a staff member walked through on busy evenings and checked things out.

The front desk help was sufficient, but I want to give a shout out to the lady who was running the breakfast area. Well after breakfast I went down to the lobby to wait on the rest of my family. As she was sweeping the area, she made a point to ask me if I had breakfast and offered me something if I had not. What great hospitality!

Bottom line, this is a good Hampton Inn and a great place to stay in Bardstown. I would not hesitate to stay here again with my family.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor, close to the front of the hotel - for least walking distance.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Ted B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear WishYouWereHere-2,

Thank you for the great comments on the Hampton Inn Bardstown. We think we are the finest hotel in Bardstown, and, (based on the many comments like yours), our customers agree!
Please come back and visit Bardstown soon. As always, we would be honored if you stayed with us again!

Kindly,
Ted Burunoff, General Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice clean hotel, close to Bourbon tours, friendly staff, better than average breakfast. Would recommend this hotel for business travel or vacation. Needs to have a hot tub and fitness area. We ask for restaurant recommendations and the staff was spot on with their choices.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ted B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Dewey A,
Thank you for staying with us. We love having you here!
Please come back and visit soon!
Ted Burunoff, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardstown
General Nelson Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Hampton Inn Elizabethtown
Hampton Inn Elizabethtown
#1 of 18 in Elizabethtown

Been to Hampton Inn Bardstown? Share your experiences!