“very nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Bardstown
Sparta
“very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Rooms are very clean and comfortable. We were the first room from the lobby so you could hear people going up and down the hall at breakfast time. Breakfast was good, staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
franklin, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Check in was very bad. rooms were not ready. We had to wait over 2 hours after the 3pm check in. The staff did not care and told us there was nothing that they could do. They Said the night before that they were full and some of the cleaning staff did not show up. That is not my problem, but it was and I still had to pay full price for it all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stoneham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This location, while an older property, was clean. Had a noise problem in my room, was promptly moved to another which was very quiet and comfortable. The night manager was great. Location is good. There are lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Something big was going on, like a huge wedding or graduation because it was packed with tons of kids, ala teens. A long, 2 football length corridor to run up and down. I liked the access at 2 midpoints to the parking lot, so you could load up close to your car. This must have been a Holiday Inn or Motel 6, converted. We got a handicap room because all else was booked. I have newfound respect for the handicap. I avoided Bourbon tasting in town by simply going to Toddy's Liquor Store at 8am and asking the guy for a bottle of something you could not find in Chicago and he obliged. At first I wondered why this was out of the downtown but if you get on Highway 245 it is 1 block away for a quick ride to I-65. Smart. I thought breakfast would be a disaster with all the families and kids but it was enjoyable and smooth.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Deltona, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I can only give this an average rating. It's an older hotel, very long and narrow. Tried to get a room a little closer to front to eliminate the long hike but told none available. The clerk who checked me in wasn't very pleasant although the other girl went out of her way to exchange the pillows for us from feather to polyester. The sink in bathroom was severely clogged, which makes me wonder why it hasn't been fixed as the cleaning crew had to notice. Room was really small and crowded. Glad I only had to stay one night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last month. On my first stay both employees working the front desk were so engaged with an I-phone and I-pad they could barely be bothered with my check-in. I found the rest of my experience only so-so. It just happened that I was surveyed by Hilton and let my displeasure be known to the extent that the General Manager gave me a call. After our chat he asked me to reconsider staying with them again and I said I would give them another chance. So my stay this week ended up in them assigning me room 138. Imagine my surprise when walking down the very long corridor, with luggage, that room 138 does not exist. So I go back to the desk and get a "oops" and get to trudge back to #136. So it is late and I call the desk to let them know that the message light is blinking and please turn it off. That never happened either. I suspect my travels would take me to this hotel at least once a month, but for me I will find somewhere that understands the basics of guest service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sherpa2286
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardstown
General Nelson Inn
Hampton Inn Elizabethtown
Hampton Inn Elizabethtown
#1 of 17 in Elizabethtown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South

Been to Hampton Inn Bardstown? Share your experiences!