“Wonderful first time B&B experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cincinnati's Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellevue
Cincinnati's Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Bellevue B&B and Inns
Lexington
“Wonderful first time B&B experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night while attending a concert at Thompson House. We were very impressed and wish we could have stayed longer! This was our first time staying at a bed and breakfast and we had a great time. We stayed in the Dream Suite which was very relaxing and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the heated mattress pad which is especially nice in the winter. We didn't get to use the Jacuzzi tub but it looked big and nice as well. We loved all the little touches that you just don't get staying in a hotel- robes provided in the room, snacks and drinks available at all times, wonderful breakfast food (I had the banana pecan french toast, husband had the breakfast burrito, both were good and came with sausage, berries and juice) The location is very close to Newport on the levee and Thompson House, you can walk to both if the weather is nice. The grounds were nice and everything looked clean and well kept. Everything has a cozy feel. The owner was nice and friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Southern Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Beautiful house, with great décor and modern amenities. The location is good, everything was clean, and the breakfast was great. My wife and I enjoyed the fact that we had the option to eat breakfast in our room. I bet the gardens look amazing in the Spring and Summer!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Runnoft333
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here last weekend and we completely enjoyed ourselves. The room, Margaret's Porch, was beautiful. We loved it. There was a Jacuzzi, small refrigerator, microwave, self serve coffee in the room, complimentary snacks/drinks in the adjoining kitchen, comfy bed, and the breakfast was delicious and brought to our room. We had the banana pecan stuffed French toast. Oh my goodness, it was to die for!! The fresh fruit and sausage were yummy too. Thank you to Leanne. We will most definitely be back. If you are looking for a great bed and breakfast in the northern Kentucky area, look no further. You will want to stay here.

Room Tip: Margaret's Porch is very spacious and has a private entrance.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HAWPAW
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I loved my stay here! It was for my first wedding anniversary and we had the most amazing room with a jacuzzi en suite. The house and grounds were beautiful. The service was gracious and inviting. The room was lovely and comfy as well as very romantic. I highly recommend this wonderful in every way B&B!

Room Tip: The Dream Suite lives up to its name!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becky G
WellerHaus, Owner at Cincinnati's Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you so much for the kind comments. We're happy you enjoyed your stay!
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

My wife and I have been to the Weller Haus countless times as well as recommending it to many of our friends looking for a romantic time away. The food, the historic accommodations and the hospitality make it second to none in our book.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rhartsock
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I can't say enough great things about our stay! The personal touches with the beautiful furniture and decorations! We stayed in Margaret's Porch. It was fabulous! It was easy access to get there and a great little town. Very safe and relaxing area. The bed was so comfortable and the Jacuzzi tub was wonderful! I loved the snacks in the kitchen and the large assortment of movies and books! What a nice touch! We had a separate entrance that was really nice too! Highly recommendable and in fact, I already have!

Room Tip: Margaret's Porch was wonderful!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank acleve0624
WellerHaus, Owner at Cincinnati's Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you so much for the positive comments regarding your stay at our property...we love getting first time B&B visitors and always hope that a positive experience will encourage you to try other properties when you get the opportunity. Thank you so much for recommending us...we hope to see you again in the future.
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed at this bed and breakfast a few weeks ago. We had the Steeple Room. First I would say the room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The large jacuzzi was very nice. However, the first thing you face when renting this room is having to walk through the kitchen where the breakfasts are made and where the owner apparently makes their own meals and where her daughter, mother, and grandchild sit in the day and in the evenings. Then you face an extroidinarily steep narrow set of stairs that are made more hazardous because the treads of the steps are not deep. You have to almost place your feet parallel to the risers, any adult's heel will definately be hanging off each step as you climb these very steep stairs. Do it with a heavy suitcase and you will find it very difficult. Also, the grandchild (and in our case, his friends) were a bit noisy as they played on the hardwood floors directly down from your room. At these prices any adult would expect peace and quiet and that was not the case. There is little on the breakfast menu and you must have your order in the kitchen by 8pm the night before and the breakfasts are fixed in time increments during the morning. I didn't feel the owner was very hospitalble at all. I have stayed in two other B&B's in northern Kentucky in the last few years and I would not recommend this one nor would I stay here again. It takes a certain kind of person to run a B&B - graciousness is required and I sure didn't find that here - plus the intrusion of the family into the facility made it uncomfortable. Maybe a room in the second house where the family is not located would be better, don't know. I just know that for the price and the claim of wonderful food, this is not where you want to be.

Room Tip: Not in the main house, check that out. There are two houses in the B&B, you want to stay in the...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank orrnlori
WellerHaus, Owner at Cincinnati's Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
We'd like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to visit our property as well as to let us know about your visit. We take our guests comments seriously and will address each of your concerns in this public forum so that all other potential guests will have an opportunity to understand our business and our property.

BREAKFAST--I would think that someone making a conscious choice to comment about the quality of food at our property would have at least eaten breakfast here. During this guests stay, she did not elect to have breakfast any of the three days, so I'm not quite sure how there can be a complaint about our food? The traveling partner had breakfast the day prior to this guests arrival, and I quite clearly recall that 90% of the meal was eaten-- as he sat in our kitchen, dined and kept me company. But, that being said, as a small bed and breakfast, 5 rooms, the ONLY claim that we make for our breakfast is that we can offer you a choice for your breakfast meal, (6 different items), we can offer breakfast in every room and that we can offer you a choice of time for your breakfast service. Beyond that, we make no claim to "gourmet breakfasts".....that would be a complete falsehood as I am not a gourmet cook! I do not post comments anywhere that we have wonderful food--any comments out there are by our customers. We are the only bed and breakfast in Northern Kentucky or Cincinnati that offers 6 entree choices for breakfast. We are not considered a restaurant and therefore your choices are going to be limited to what one person can prepare and get out in a timely manner to the guests. We do offer choices for every guest and have always accommodated special requests for vegan, vegetarian, allergy-issues, etc. We do like to have guests menus in by 8 pm the evening before breakfast. This allows us some advance preparation time and allows us to run out to the store to get items in case the customer with a special request failed to advise us at the time of the reservation. Better to be prepared in advance than to let the customer know when I deliver their breakfast that we were not able to accommodate their request for" turkey or vegan sausage". That could be perceived as "bad service" and "lack of caring" by some.

OUR FAMILY AT THE PROPERTY: We work very hard to insure that family members present at our property when guests are here keep the noise level to a minimum. And there are times when it takes a reminder. We understand that guests are looking for peace and quiet, but we ask that guests also understand they have made a choice to stay at a facility where an owner and/or family resides and that we also still have a business to run. Guests that have made a conscious choice to stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning (yes, we too can hear through walls and ceilings--but we accept that as owner of a BB) and choose to sleep past noon are going to be faced with noise in the morning and throughout the day. We still have a kitchen to clean up, our housekeeping staff is in doing their job, we are checking out guests and we are sometimes checking in guests early. And yes, there may be some family members in and out--but once breakfast is over, we must get on with our day and "mouse quiet" is not an option. Had this guest chosen to mention they were not happy with the room location or surroundings, I would have gladly moved them to another room with the equivalent amenities--we have two other suites with jacuzzi's for two, both in the other house. I cannot attempt to fix an issue that is not brought to my attention during your stay.

STAIRS--Our houses were built in 1885 and are two story properties---the building code back in 1885 was drastically different than it is today and therefore, stairs are extremely steep and narrow. Stair treads were added as a safety feature and in fact the treads that are on those stairs today are the upgraded version of what was required by the insurance company when they did their inspection of our property. We want to insure our guests are safe.

OUR KITCHEN--As for the fact that our one and only kitchen is at the entry point to the stairs to this suite (which has it's own door, by the way, and considered to be a private entrance) I'm not quite sure what to say about that--it is the design of the property. We do cook our meals in there and yes, we sometimes eat in that kitchen, whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner. So yes, you will find us in that area. The person that was mentioned as "my mother" was in fact a guest here on a 10-day stay who chose to meet our family, get to know us and spend some of her free time with us while she was staying at our property--she was NOT my mother. All guests are welcome in any area of our B&B except our personal space.

OUR PROPERTY DESIGN: Every bed and breakfast is unique in it's design and set up. Many B&B's have just one house for guests, with everything located in one facility. Others have a main house with additional cottages, some have two houses (like ours). In the majority of B&B's across the U.S., guests are entering an owner's private residence--as they are required to live on the property--and therefore will be interacting with the owner's and any family members that may be present on the property. While I would LOVE to have our quarters separate from these two buildings, that is not an option in our set up...and is the case for many B&B's. You take the hand your are dealt with your property and you do the best to make the set up work for you and the guests.

We treat every guest at our property with respect and dignity, welcome them into our home gracefully and are thankful for their business. We speak to every guest when we run into them, even those that may seem like they are not in the talking mood. We accommodate as many requests as we can and try to help guests get where they're going. If you call and ask us to get in touch with a guest, if they are on the property, we will do it. If they are not on the property at the time, we'll let you know, but will call them or text them to let them know someone is looking for them. Again, we try to resolve any issues that come up for those who make a choice to speak with us during their stay. Some can be remedied immediately, others may require some maneuvering--but we will ALWAYS do what we can to fix a problem when it is brought to our attention. No owner or manager can be expected to correct an unknown issue--in any business.

We do apologize that you didn't get the peace and quiet you were looking for, didn't enjoy your stay and felt our accommodations did not meet your needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati
#4 of 47 in Cincinnati
Comfort Suites
#2 of 6 in Newport

Been to Cincinnati's Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!