Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellevue
Danville, Illinois
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Check in was easy and the hotel was very clean. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was very good. Location is just across the river from Cincinnati, with easy access to the highway. Very close to downtown, ballpark, etc. There is a restaurant next door to the hotel and several others in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear the5marions,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Bellevue, Ky. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your great words to the rest of my team and let them know what a great job they are doing. W hope we see you again real soon.

Sincerely;
Lisa B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 September 2013

When we arrived, they could not find our reservation, then our room was not ready. When we get to our room, there was poop in our toilet, the bed side light was burnt out, and there was no TV remote. I went down to the front desk and the lady had no idea what to tell me. She gave me the lounge rooms remote and still it didn't work non our rooms TV, almost midnight we gave up.

• Stayed September 2013
Tyler C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear vschmelzer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am extremely disappointed to learn about the issues you experienced at our hotel. We strive to provide you with a perfect 10 out of 10 stay every time you stay with us and it is obvious on this stay we fell short of that. If you could contact me by either e-mail or phone, I would like to get some additional information so that I can follow up with my staff and ensure that these issues don't happen to anyone else in the future. We know you have many hotel choices and thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

After booking our room, I read through all the reviews and was frightened that we had made a terrible mistake. Since we have always found Holiday Inns to be quite nice, we decided to give this one in Bellevue, KY(near Newport and just across the Ohio River from Cincinnati) the benefit of the doubt. We found everyone and everything to be just fine. Friendly and helpful staff, clean room with a view of the Cincinnati skyline, and a very nice Continental breakfast. While the location is a bit off the beaten path, a trolley runs about every 15 minutes throughout the day and evening and picks you up just across the driveway. The trolley takes you to Newport Levee/the Aquarium, etc and even into downtown Cincinnati. For one dollar per person (one way) it was a great way to get around.

My only caution would be that if you must have a non-smoking room, check it out in person. We requested a non-smoking room and were told that ALL rooms are. Either guests or staff ignore this. Our room had definitely been smoked in at some point in time. I noticed going down our hall (third floor) that the little "no smoking" sign was on some doors, but not all doors . It was not on our door (Room 307). However, once we turned on the air conditioning the odor seemed to settle down. Since we were only staying one night, I did not ask to be changed. We would stay here again---just ask to see our room first.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VPP3
Tyler C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear VPP3,
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I was also very happy to hear our staff were friendly as we always strive to deliver world-class service to every guest and make each and every stay a perfect ten out of ten! I will certainly be sure to pass the comments onto my entire team and recognize them for doing such a great job. I also wanted to thank you for bringing the smoke smell to my attention, although this is a completely non smoking hotel,at one point we did have smoking rooms and we are working daily to address those rooms that still have an odor. We know you have many area hotel choices and are grateful you selected our property.

Clayton, NC
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for one night recently. After reading the other reviews, I was quite hesitant to stay there, but it was fine. It is in a questionable part of town, but it's very convenient to downtown Cincinnati and I never felt unsafe going in or out of the hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was very good and the lady keeping everything stocked was friendly and helpful. Since it's so convenient to downtown Cincinnati, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
tyler45150, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I was also very happy to hear our staff were friendly as we always strive to deliver world-class service to every guest and make each and every stay a perfect ten out of ten! I will certainly be sure to pass the comments onto my entire team and recognize them for doing such a great job. We know you have many area hotel choices and are grateful you selected our property.

Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I accidentally booked 2 hotel rooms for the same night near Cincinnati, OH. When I tried to cancel the Holiday Inn Express by calling 24 hours in advance, I could not get through to the hotel. I tried several times to call. I then called the 800 number to cancel the reservation and was told that the reservation was a prepaid special rate and that I could not cancel the reservation. However, I could call the hotel since it was sold out and they could refund my money or move the date for the reservation. When I called the hotel the next day, the manager was not coming in until noon. So the young lady took my phone number and said he would call as soon as he came in. By 2:30, there was not a return phone call. I called back again and he was in a meeting but was told he would call as soon as he was out of his meeting. At 3:08, Mark called and told me that he would not cancel the reservation and that whoever told me that the hotel would cancel or change the date was wrong. He had our payment and the reservation could not be cancelled. The room that we got was missing a table, a floral arrangement and supposedly a lamp. The mirror had prints all over it, the bathtub had a huge chip, the hair dryer in the bathroom had not been dusted in a very long time, there were pounding footsteps whenever the guest overhead moved in the room and when the door closed in the hallway, our wall would move. When we arrived home today, Mark had left 2 messages on our home phone. The first message was that they were charging us $250 for the stuff missing from the room (which I wouldn't take because I think the decor in their rooms is tacky) and the 2nd message was that they had made a mistake and would not be charging my card. Oh, and we hope you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again. Mark thinks that we would ever stay at that hotel for any reason?? We might cancel our Priority Club membership over this debacle.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear PlasticLady,

Thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered with your reservation and the dissatisfaction our room conditions have caused you. As an club member, our staff ensure that you received the best customer care that you deserve and deeply regret that we have failed to deliver on this occasion.

Your support to the hotel is very important to us, as such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future updates. I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a Friday and Saturday night because of a music festival over in Cincinnati and upon check in was immediately let down because out preference was for 2 beds and of course we only received one king. Luckily they gave us a suite so there was a pull out couch, however it was a handicapped room and we will get to why that was bad later. Got in and pulled the sheets to find two very noticeable stains (even though in the picture the first one didn't really come up). One looked like urine and the dark one was definitely blood. Went down and the spoke to the manager to get it changed and they did. Figured that was the worst of what was to come until the middle of the night that first night. After being at a festival all day we were exhausted but we awoke on many occasions to the jolt of the fire alarm! Now this fire alarm wasn't a constant noise, just one or to loud beeps with lights flashing and it was done. Was our room on fire? Or haunted? Nope, it was this handicapped door button on the outside of the door. When it was pressed it must have been linked to the same sound as the fire alarm and I had never seen anything like it. Well someone must have knew that and proceeded to press the button throughout the entire weekend which made it imposable to get a good night's sleep. Told the manager about it upon checkout and basically got not response back from him, like it was no big deal. This was not an accommodating place and I realize it probably was fuller than usual, regardless we had two rotton night's sleep, with gross living conditions in a room that we shouldn't have had in the first place.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the handicapped room!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Matt R,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We appreciate you taking time to help us to improve our guests services.

I am truly sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. I understand your frustration and I humbly extend an apology for the room you had fell below your expectations. We deeply regret the inconvenience this has caused you.

Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and will be used to target opportunity areas. We all hope that you will give us another chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our hotel.

Dhan M
pittsburgh
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel was in a great location for our visit to Cincinnati. The staff was friendly and our large double queen suite was very clean.

To address previous concerns:
1) We did not try out the pool, but plenty of people were swimming in it, so I don't know how cold it really was. It is the pool pictured on the website. What it looks like is that it used to be an outdoor pool that they enclosed.
2) Breakfast. Breakfast was plentiful EXCEPT they must have a maximum amount of breakfast meat that they are allowed to put out because every morning at 9:00 AM, the person in charge said there was no more. Please do not punish the people who do not need to wake up early. I'm probably paying the same amount of money as the person who woke up 6:30 for their bacon.
3) Noise. Maybe it was because we were on the 3rd floor, but this hotel was not as noisy as people claim. We were even right next to the elevator. Hotels aren't libraries, people.
4) Shuttle. This was especially helpful to travel to GABP for 4 consecutive days. $1 per person each way instead of parking for $5 at the levee or more in downtown Cincinnati.
5) Smell. It's hard to explain. The rooms didn't smell of smoke, but there was an odor and it was especially strong in the lobby.

Although I rated this as just an average stay, I would use this hotel again for the right price. There are more hotels in Covington, but it did not look like a nice area, plus most hotels there were charging for internet, parking, or both!

Room Tip: We were in 332. Next to the elevator, but really never heard anyone in any other rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear jaimelh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for the staff. It is also nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. On the other hand, please accept my sincere apologies for the overall dissatisfaction you have experienced during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen G.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Comfort Suites
#3 of 5 in Newport
Central Business District
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati? Share your experiences!