“Do Not Stay Here!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benton
Sportsman's Anchor Resort and Campground
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Horrible experience for the whole family! I have never been treated this bad at any place I have ever visited. And I've stayed in tents in Iraq and Afghanistan! Owners act like wardens at a prison. Gun toting night security guard patrolling and harassing you all the time. Bad location tucked at back of cove, you can't even see the lake from this resort. $8.00 visitor fee? If someone even stops by to say hello they will be there asking for $8.00 or charge it to your site! $5.00 ramp fee, (free public ramp across street btw), there is a fee for everything and they will be breathing down your neck to collect! Every tenant staying there said it was a huge mistake because of the hostile owners and they wanted out. It ended with me asking for a refund so I could leave and go to another resort. The male owner smiling at me and saying "We don't do refunds." And his wife yelling in the background saying " we have your credit card #, your getting charged for the rest of the week! Do not stay at Sportsmans Anchor Resort!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Satchmo2000

Reviewed 10 March 2013

This is our 3rd camping season at S.A.R.M. We lease a spot year round there. It is the most relaxing place with good friendly folks all arounds us. This place does have rules that are not meant to be broken. The rules guarantee that all the guests will enjoy themselves in a safe relaxing atmosphere without alot of loud obnoxious rowdy partiers who have no respect for their neighbors. It is family oriented, very well kept and managed. Thats the way we like it. I have seen other resorts where folks party all night long with large groups, and loud music at a single small canned ham camper. Don't get me wrong though we gather with folks around other's sites, have fish frys together, cookouts together in large groups, sit around campfires at night enjoying each other's company, while some enjoy adult beverages without things getting out of hand. This is truly a great place. They have a watchman at night ensuring your boat and equipment are safe guarded as well as your vehicle. He is a nice gentleman who comes by driving a golf cart and may inquire about a vehicle without a registration tag or just to say hello. If my boat is in a slip at night I don't worry about it. The pool is great with pristine water, and it may seem odd to brag about the bath house; but it is the cleanest I've ever been in. If you ever stay here stop by lot # 53 and say hello to us, Dan & Gale Armstrong from Clarksville, Tennessee.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Dan A
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We have been vactioning at this resort for over 15 years and since the new owners took over in 2006 this resort has become the closest thing to a Nazi Camp I have ever experienced. The owners treat their guests like THEY are doing you a favor by letting you stay at there resort. And do not dare to tell them that you are dissatisfied with anything or they will just literally make you leave and never allow you to return. They have no idea of what the word Customer or Customer Service means and they DO NOT CARE even if you spend over $2,500 per year at their establishment. We have brought a lot of friends and family there who have spent a lot money over the years and no one feels welcome there anymore. They may have a clean and orderly campground, but what good is it if the customers stop coming back and you always feel unwelcome. I have never been treated so badly by a business owner. The associates that work there have always been extremely helpful and nice, but a lot of them have been fired for being nice to the customers. Go figure that one out? I would not recomend this place to anyone and if you do go there beware of evil owner, Rita. She will ruin your vacation and upset you so it is not worth it to waste your precious vaction time having to argue with someone who could care less about people or a paying customer. Stay away from this resort if you want to relax and enjoy your vacation time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank sheila m
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This place was great and if you like( or love, like I do) a super clean property and friendly staff, this is the place for you. We stayed in a 1 bdrm cottage P4( non-smoking, and they mean it!) It was beautifully decorated and like I said before, super clean! The owners went out of their way to accomodate us and it was a fantastic, relaxing weekend on the lake. This is a great place for families or romantic weekend for two. We will be returning and we might take the kids :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Finsgirl224

Been to Sportsman's Anchor Resort and Campground? Share your experiences!