“Just Confirming All The Excellent Reviews”
Review of Pinnacle View Inn

and 1 more site!
Pinnacle View Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Berea B&B and Inns
Hendersonville, TN
“Just Confirming All The Excellent Reviews”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife & I spent two nights here in July in conjunction with a concert at Renfro Valley and the celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary. Although past experience has shown me that reviews on Tripadvisor are quite "on the mark", I was amazed at how many outstanding reviews Pinnacle View Inn has received. After our two nights there I understand why! There is really nothing I can add that has not already been said, so I am just adding my name to the list of outstanding reviews. I had to try really, really hard to find anything at all that could be improved upon and there is one thing, but it probably only applies to us, not other folks. We never "travel light", so spacing the chairs out a little on that great front porch would make it a little easier for us "heavy travelers" to get to the front door with two suitcases, our own pillows (allergies), and my wife's sleep machine. We have stayed at many B&B's all over the U.S. over the past ten years and Pinnacle View surpasses all of them by a mile! (Plus, I grew up on narrow 2-lane dirt, gravel, and hardtop roads in VA, and, frankly, I loved driving on the roads getting to/from Pinnacle Inn)!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rennoc91

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dover, Delaware, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Having traveled in 49 states and accomodations in all of them, it is with great pleasure that I met Ira at the Inn. A history lesson in a relaxed environment was thoroughly enjoyed. I believe anyone would be impressed with your host, chef and innkeeper. Do not think you are lost getting there it is worth the view. GPS was working fine and ride was well worth it. I would travel many miles out of my way to enjoy the breakfast again and wish I had more days to spend with the menu. Greatest fruit cup ever!! Thanks again. Henry Forester, Dover, De.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Ky
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My wife and I spent two enjoyable days at the Pinnacle View Inn. The house is very interesting and the room was quite comfortable, especially the bed. The high points were having what you wanted for breakfast and having breakfast when you wanted it. My wife is avoiding gluten and Ira did a great job of accommodating that with good tasting gluten-free options. We spent several delightful hours each day on the front porch which has a serenity all its own. Just sitting in the rockers and looking at the view from the front porch really topped off our days.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Cooper City, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2013

If you want a perfect breakfast where you give input on exactly what you eat this is the place! Accommodations are good. Breakfast was great with perfect omeletes the first day and perfect homemade bisquits and sausage gravy the second day. Would stay again for the food!!!

Room Tip: Ask for special bedding if you need to be feather free. Off the beaten path.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael1221
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Prior to making arrangements for our trip to Berea, my husband and I scrutinized the lodging reviews on Tripadvisor and decided on the Pinnacle View Inn. Never having been to the area before we wanted a comfortable, quiet, clean place to stay and certainly found it at the Pinnacle View Inn. The setting is very serene and the views are wonderful. Ira Bates is a wonderful host and a walking wealth of knowledge pertaining to Kentucky history, arts, and culture. The breakfasts are everything other guests have written about- plentiful and delicious. Our room was very comfortable and the shower area was huge! It was so peaceful to sit on the front porch and admire the view. The drive into town takes about 10 minutes. I would highly recommend staying at this inn and getting to know the wonderful innkeeper.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cindy S
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at Pinnacle View Inn 12-24-12 thru 12-27-12. It was so relaxing and the made to order breakfast was amazing. The omelets, stuffed french toast and the fruit cups were delicious. Every morning we looked forward to breakfast and visiting with Ira. He has so much knowledge about the area that was very helpful to us. Our suite was very comfortable (Belle) with a view out the window of the mountains. The bed and fine linens also added to the comfort along with the k-cups provided in the suite and most of all it was so quiet, no need to worry about hearing I 75 traffic. We absobutely love this hidden treasure and we will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tonkavich
Berea, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The small roads to this B&B's location offers a nice getaway with beautiful rural landscapes that are only found in the knob regions of Kentucky. The Pinnacle View Inn is situated between Richmond and Berea which also allows for an ample variety of restaurants and shops within 10 miles or less. The service and quality of the home, food, and the hosts are exceptional. The rooms are very quiet and compartmentalized.The food is tailored to your preferences and cooked to perfection. Overall great place to stay a night or a week! Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple