“Great place to stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Berea
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Berea
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My Sister and I stopped here for an overnight stay recently and it was a very nice hotel. The staff was very polite and helpful. The breakfast was great. When in the area we'll certainly stay again. Nice restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed 1 night while on our way to Cincinnati, OH. The sign is a little hard to see at night, but right at Comfort Inn drive as well. Easy access to I-75, we enjoyed a nice meal at Cracker Barrel, and the the breakfast was not real crowded, tasty, good coffee, pool and hot tub were clean and hot tub felt wonderful! The rooms were very clean as usual for Fairfield, we had all the towels we needed, and our visit could not have been better! Keep up the good work! I highly recommend everyone come meet the friendly staff, and relax in a nice clean, bug free facility!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stopped at the Fairfield Inn on our way to Gatlinburg. The rooms were very nice and the hot breakfast in the morning was wonderful. We didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice and clean. The location was easy to find right off the interestate. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Another fine example of why the Marriott branded lodging options are normally my first choice when traveling. Very friendly staff and a well maintained and very clean property! they even had breakfast out earlier than the posted hours which worked out great for me as I had to get going very early that day! Wi-Fi was kind of spotty but I think that's because I was at the far end of the building.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The layout is pretty typical for Fairfield and convenient to I-75. The room was clean and comfortable (we had the 1BR suite) although could use a spruce-up. Reasonable choice for folks traveling thru the area, also convenient to the arts/crafts area of Berea. Our room was on the side nearest the highway which made it a bit niosy unless the air conditioner was running - other side probably quieter.Breakfast area was quite crowded and noisy (lots of kids) but many choices available. For a nice meal, I recommend the Boone Tavern in town - especially for folks visiting Berea, a bit pricy (entrees about $18-26) but an elegant place with very good service and food. Many craft galleries and shops in the town with high quality, hand-made, merchandise.

Room Tip: See comments on noise
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BGMNJ
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was my first stay at a Fairfield Inn. I chose it because of the reviews here and the good deal I got for the room. First, be aware that the property is next to the Comfort Inn. So close that you could think they're the same place if you didn't see the Fairfield sign. They share an entrance off of Paint Lick Rd. The room was a good size - no bumping into each other as happens at some other places. The bathroom was decent sized. The bathroom counter could be bigger. (Also, make sure you put a towel on the hook on the back of the door as you won't be able to reach the towel rack from the tub.) The beds were firm (my companion thought they were too firm). There's a dresser, a desk & chair, and an easy chair (way too low and with a cushion that collapsed when I sat on it so I thought I was on the floor). The closet door wasn't fully on the track and it was a surprise when I opened it and it flew back into me. Later, it came off the track altogether. The desk clerk said they were replacing fixtures throughout the property. When I came back to the room later the door wasn't repaired - it was just gone. There's a decent sized flat screen TV with lots of channels. The a/c worked great - maybe too great as it turned right back on after reaching the set temperature. There's a small indoor pool (no lifeguard). Breakfast is free - scrambled eggs, sausage (links & pattys one day, links only the next), toast & bagels, hard boiled eggs, mixed fruit, yogurt, cereal (boxed), a pancake machine, juice (do yourself a favor and use a coffee cup for your juice because the cups they put out are "sample" sized), and, of course, coffee. The hot food was hot, the cold food cold and it never ran out. The staff were all friendly. The only negative is that the toilet, behind the seat, could have been cleaned better. There are several places to eat nearby, on the other side of the highway, as well as at the next exit north (2 miles).

Room Tip: For a quieter room, ask to put away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We attended a dulcimer workshop (Berea Learned Shop) during week of 20 July 2013 and chose the Fairfield Inn in Berea.

This Fairfield Inn is just off the 2nd Berea exit (heading south). It shares a common entrance road with Comfort Inn--however, signage points to the appropriate lodgings. Within a short driving distance are: gas stations, several restaurants (Dinner Bell, Cracker Barrel, Amish Market, some fast food chains and a Wal-Mart).

The parking lot is a bit small and narrow but well paved with decorative plantings. There is a covered entrance way with automatic doors and luggage carts within easy reach.

The front desk area had a small seating area, desktop computer for guest use, with the breakfast area across the way. The hotel also maintains a few snack items and drinks in a refridgerator case in the lobby.

This Fairfield has 3 stories. The elevator is located in the center of the hotel near the front desk adjacent to the indoor pool, hot tub, and exercise area. The elevator was a little slow and the hotel seemed to be near capacity so it saw a lot of use during our visit. (I would not want to sleep in a room near the elevator for that reason.)

Our room (218) was a King size non-smoking room. The hotel appeared to have had a recent makeoever. Carpets, baths, and walls looked and smelled newer. The bed was furnished with white linens which were very clean and comfortable.

The room layout with a King size bed was a little tight as it was located near a bi-fold closet door. It was furnished with a single desk chair--meaning one of us lay on the bed to watch the news.

The room included a full size ironing board and full size iron (which we did not use), a wall mounted hair dryer, and flat screen TV with basic cable. We could access the hotel WI-FI easily.

Hotel amenities included a small indoor pool (no diving or life guard). Lifesaving equipment was available and appeared to be in good order. There also seemed to be a handicapped lift chair (covered with a black cover) to assist people into the pool. The area was clean and stocked with towels.

The small in-ground hot tub was not warm when I first tried it; I told the front desk and it was quickly addressed. The 2nd night the hot tub performed at 101 degrees F as posted.

Outdoor seating is available (for smokers) off the the pool area with tables and umbrellas. The exercise area (which we did not use) had a treadmill, stepper, and eliptical. The pool/exercise area was accessible only with a guest door card.

Breakfast was a surprise! Fresh and whole fruit, milk, yogurt, scrambled eggs, meat patties, boiled eggs, hot and cold cereal packages, juice, coffee, (hot) tea, and a terrifically cool automated pancake maker. One push of a button yielded 2 nice sized pancakes in about a minute "untouched by human hands". There was even regular/sugar free syrup, butter/margarine, pepper grinders and hot sauces.

The breakfast area is small; when hotel is at capacity and everyone heads to breakfast at the same time, it can be busy and crowded. The area is staffed during breakfast and was kept clean and stocked during the breakfast "rush".

The king bed was comfortable and stocked with 4 pillows. We bring our own pillows. The HVAC unit was a bit loud as are most hotel units. The local weather had just gone into 90 degree F ranges with storms so it took some adjusting to get the room comfortable.

We stayed 3 nights and had plenty of towels for 2 people; we did not ask that the room be made up during our stay or for more towels. We placed a "Do Not Disturb" placard on the door. NOTE--There is no room size refrigerator.

The only people in this area were guests of the Comfort Inn and the Fairfield Inn (there are no other businesses in the immediate vicinity). We felt safe going to and from our car. The Fairfield was a terrific value. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: There is an elevator to 2nd and 3rd floors; I would suggest asking for a room away from the elevator...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
0 mi away
Econo Lodge Renfro Valley
Econo Lodge Renfro Valley
#3 of 4 in Mount Vernon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Berea? Share your experiences!