“Worst room ever”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Berea
Twinsburg, OH
“Worst room ever”
Reviewed 7 August 2009

First, i am not a picky traveler. It really doesn't take much in a hotel room to satisfy me. This room was the worst i have ever stayed in. The bed was worn out, the sheets were worn out, the pillow was warn out, the carpeting was discussting. I didn't take my shoes off. The worst part, though, was that i didn't feel safe in this place. I would never stay there again. Priceline had this a 2 star. Seriously, it's 1/2 to 1 star. I would rather sleep in my car on a stay over next time rather than sleep in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank SummitRes
bereaabvi, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
We apologize for your bad experience and appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments. We would like you to know that we have renovated all of our guest rooms including carpets, furniture, bedding etc. Please visit us again so you can see all of our improvements. Thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 28 April 2009

the base of the bathtub was actually gray to look at from the grim. I was just traveling through on the way to Florida, but was more than disappointed as this was written up as a 2 star and I would not give it one.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Berea hotels

Piketon, Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2007

I booked through the Super 8 website and was given a certain rate. When I arrived the manager's wife insisted that I did not list my two children on the website and the rate would increase. Also, my AAA card had expired but I had paid my AAA membership one week prior to our visit and had not received my new card. I asked for her to contact AAA to verify my renewed membership, but she would not. I could not believe that she kept on insisting that my 16 year old daughter was an adult at her location but not through the website and therefore an extra fee must be paid. I checked in and immediately called Super 8's 800 number to verify my reservation, and they confirmed I did indeed list two children and that children are ages 17 and under at all their locations. I then was prompted to call their Customer Care line to inform them of the problem I was having at this location. I was told I would hear something from them within 7 business days. I then called my AAA office and they faxed over a copy of my renewed card. Upon checkout I received the orginal price quoted on the website and not a friendly send off from the manager. Not only did I find their customer service to lack friendliness and general concern, I discovered the room to have leftovers in the fridge and numerous stains saturating the draperies. Find another place to stay so you can really enjoy Berea!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Management
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank jameylori
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 March 2006

I stayed the night at the Super 8 Motel in Berea, Kentucky. I was really impressed with the cleanliness of the motel. The desk clerk was very friendly and very knowledgable about the Berea area. I will definitely return to the Super 8 Motel in Berea on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2005

Avoid this hotel! Bed bugs!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Boone Tavern Hotel
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 10 in Berea
Days Inn Renfro Valley Mount Vernon

Been to America's Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!