“I would stay again.”

Holiday Inn Express Berea
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Berea
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business, I was there for 5 nights. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. The hotel has an indoor pool and a gym, quite a few Choice properties have work out rooms with a treadmill and bike this one even had a weight lifting machine. overall experience was good, comfortable bed and quite air conditioner work in a hotels favor for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharkey13

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed here on our way to Florida. The motel was very nice. Breakfast was excellent, both hot and cold foods. There is an indoor pool and the staff were very friendly. The Cracker Barrel on the opposite side of the 1-75 seemed the only decent choice for supper. This motel is in a dry county so if you are counting on cracking open a cold one, you had better purchase something on the way as it is a 15 minute drive down the highway to the nearest outlet.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

First off, unless a hotel advertises themself as "5 star" I never rate that high. That said, I wanted to rate this hotel higher than 3 but somehow cannot. Maybe it was because I didn't sleep well - but others in my party did. This was the second Comfort Inn chain hotel we stayed in on this trip, and I had a similar experience with both. We had two rooms, and the heat/air conditioner in my room was loud. I am sensitive to night noise, so would have preferred a quieter unit. Plus, the placement of the air unit right under the window blew the curtains up, and we had to mess with them a bit to stay closed. The bed wasn't necessarily uncomfortable, but not new. Whatever they use to clean the room with had a very strong smell, to both my husband and I. Clean is good but not if you can't stand the lingering scent. We had a pet, and the hotel maintains a special area just for pets, which was one of the nice pluses. The interior corridors did not prove much of an issue with transferring baggage or taking our pet in and out, but don't forget your key! There is an indoor pool, which looked very inviting but we didn't use, but saw others enjoying. The breakfast was very nice, with egg products, sausage and make-yourself waffles. Overall, the staff was very nice - the lady maintaining the breakfast buffet VERY nice (we tipped her!), quietly going about her job but making sure everything was constantly clean. The location is right off I-75, but road noise wasn't too much of a problem (although, I could see that with heavy traffic it might be a little more noticable). Again, I wanted to like this hotel better, but we paid more than we usually might have preferred, so I guess I expected a little more.

Room Tip: The indoor pool is on the first floor, which could be good or bad for you. With pets, we always req...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MyTwoCent s
BereaComfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveler Tip: We offer 10% discounts for AAA/CAA, AARP, Senior Citizens, and Choice Privileges members. We offer a discount rate for active/retired military and government workers (with valid id). Also, when checking in ask if the “Manager’s Special” is available.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

The room was dirty. The walls appear to have a mud or poop smear. The edges of the carpet and tile in the bathroom are dirty in a wall that comes from long term neglect. There was considerable mold around the soap dishes in the shower. The room smelled and the walls were so thin you could hear the next room. The bathroom light had a ballast that was so loud I couldn't leave it on for the children. In the morning the cigarette smoke smell was overwhelming from other rooms.
It was not worth $80. Stay some where else.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank lisamotley
BereaComfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

We take pride in offering our guest with a clean and comfortable stay.
Our customer's opinion is important and customer feed back helps us improve the quality of our service.

I attempted to confirm this traveler’s stay at the Berea Comfort Inn & Suites and have the opportunity to further discuss the details of their stay.

Currently, I have not received a response.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We had a great night at this hotel in Berea, Kentucky. We travel a lot for business and were upgraded to the largest suite we've ever been in. The front desk personell (Kristi) was awsome and gave great recommendations for food. It was Marios's and they delivered for a small fee. We will stay again if and when we are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank phreddymac
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Was traveling to Pigeon Forge,TN and needed a place to stop for the night. Tried to stay in Lexington,KY but everything was sold out so continued down I-75 and happened to find this hotel. Good price,good front desk service. The room was clean and well maintained. Breakfast in the morning had a good selection including waffles,toast,fruit,sausage,cereal, as well as orange juice,apple juice,milk, water. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank scorpiowis
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed here free using points so I do not know what the rate was. Newer facility in good repair with nice furnishings. Very convenient to the Interstate. Nice breakfast with egg products and sausage; not restaurant quality but better than most. Very clean breakfast area with good attendant. Linens and mattress were clean. Outside doors required a card key for entry so I thought that was a good security measure.The only problem I encountered was a family with small children next door who were running around their room and the sound of their footsteps carried. But they quieted down at 9 PM. Light sleepers should take precautions as sound seems to travel in this otherwise very nice facility

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank GeorgiaRobert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Boone Tavern Hotel
Quality Inn
#4 of 10 in Berea
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond
Best Western Richmond Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Berea? Share your experiences!