Holiday Inn Express Berea
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleancomfort inncinnamon rollsfront desk staffwould stay here againthe breakfast areawafflespillow casesthe staff was friendly and helpfulindoor poolneeded anythingnice breakfastgreat place to stayrenfro valleycomplimentary breakfastfirst floorgreat stop
Reviewed 7 June 2014

i paid for a supposedly "upgraded suite". When I walked in the room it was very musty, and smelled of smoke.

When I complained to front desk, they sort of half acknowledged and then gave me another room. Another hotel employee told me the next day that this room is where the staff go to smoke on break or after work.

So they put me in a different room which was not particularly clean. The bed cover and blanket were both stained with bodily fluids, carpet was dingy, about what I would expect from a $35 a night room, but I dont like paying 90 or so for poor quality. I travel for a living and usually stay at Hilton brands - hampton or Homewood. I am a choice member but I dont stay with your company very often. Now you know why. This property was a very poor representation of the brand.

Room Tip: go Somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Blissboat
BereaComfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Fortunately, we still offer designated smoking rooms for guests who request them. We only have a few smoking rooms per room type, of which stay occupied on a regular basis.

It is always our pleasure to accommodate guests’ needs what ever the situation or circumstance. We would have welcomed the opportunity to inspect your room & bedding and address your concerns upon discovery.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was a last-minute reservation due to a mix-up on a business trip; they were able to accommodate six of us and we were grateful. The rooms were clean and neat, and the hotel was very quiet although almost sold out. Desk staff were not the friendliest group but I have had worse. The drink machine was out of order upon our arrival and still out of order two days later. No place within walking distance to get a cold soda. Breakfast fare was average and a little stale but lots of good fruit available. Hotel exterior under renovation and a little disconcerting to have people directly out your room window working on the exterior.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
BereaComfort, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us to the level that we usually expect!!

The renovation construction is, fortunately, a temporary happening and will be much to the benefit of guests staying with us in the future. In regards to other guest concerns, we always welcome any comments and requests so we can accommodate you on the spot. We're always ready to do whatever we can to make your stay more pleasant!

I do hope you'll visit us again to see that any problems you experienced are certainly not the norm!!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three days to attend a local college graduation. The room was large and very clean. Beds were super comfortable. The hotel staff members were very pleasant and helpful. Location of the hotel is easily accessible to restaurants and shopping. Would highly recommend this hotel for a satisfying stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am having to use a cane for mobility. They made sure that I was on the first floor and near a door that was accessible. Thank you, Staff. The rooms were large and comfortable. There is a pool and breakfast, though I didn't partake so I can't say how good either was, though they looked good. Nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The rooms may not have been non smoking for that long as their is still the hint of cigarette smoke about the whole hotel. The room was large and so was the bathroom, all very clean. The bed was comfortable with clean linen. Breakfast was adequate and the hotel is right next to i75, but could not hear any traffic noise.

As an aside, does this place have something to do with the USSR.?
1 Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria was henchman under Stalin and went on to become head of the KGB.
2 Didn't Nikita Khrushchev threaten the USA in the early 1960's saying "We will Berea" ? Sorry, couldn't resist that one!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
BereaComfort, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Hahaha!! Enjoyable read!! I regret to inform you that, this time, the customer is NOT right. I had to google my own town and wikipedia has informed me that we are actually named by our local college's founder after a town in the Bible. Good guess though!

I do want to apologize for the smokey smell. That's not pleasant and it is certainly not the norm. We do have a few smoking rooms on the third floor so I'm thinking someone may have taken a walk around the building after having a cigarette? There are actually plans in the works to jump on the bandwagon and become a smoke-free environment within the next year so I don't anticipate this being a problem for much longer.

So very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with your accommodations! We look forward to a future visit from such a learned guest!