“I would definitely stay here again!”

Holiday Inn Express Berea
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Berea
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I have stayed in many hotels in my lifetime and know what I expect from one. I want it to be clean, up to date and friendly staff. I was well pleased with this hotel. I checked it out thoroughly when I went in. I was well pleased! Room was clean, free of bed bugs, and furniture charming. It was very quiet there even though next to the expressway. It was also very quiet inside, in the room and in the hallway. I would definitely stay here again. I was there with two other families and we were all very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 August 2010

Due to a relocation from the East Coast to the Midwest I needed an overnight stop while driving a U-Haul truck during the move. Eastern Kentucky was a convenient mid-point stopping place so I chose the Berea Comfort inn and Suites for a one night "sleep and run" based on the Trip Advisor reviews.

Cost of the room (AAA rate), including all taxes, was $ 79 and change. The location is immediately off the Interstate highway and very convenient for what I needed. Parking adjacent to the Inn is adequate and reasonably well lighted at night.

Desk staff at check in and check out were efficient and courteous. Because a Trip Advisor reviewer suggested requesting a room on the side of the Inn opposite from the Interstate I noted that on my internet reservation request form.

Upon going to my assigned room I found that I was placed on the Interstate side of the Inn. I returned to the desk and the clerk apologized and cheerfully changed my room to accommodate my request.

The room was larger than I expected for the price and level of the Inn. It was spotlessly clean and had no stuffy odor nor any cigarette smells. Furniture was in good condition and the bed comfortable. The hotel room was quiet as a mouse.

A small fitness center and a small indoor pool are present, though I did not use either so cannot comment on their functionality.

Breakfast buffet, included in the price of the room, was typical for this type of establishment and adequate for my needs. The coffee was much better quality than I usually find at such buffets. This was a pleasant surprise because I am a voracious coffee drinker.

The Comfort Inn and Suites in Berea, KY suited my needs perfectly and I am very pleased with the stay and the value for the price paid. Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2010

One of the better Comfort Inns I've stayed in recently: located next to an interstate exit, but room was quiet (and clean); very friendly reception; well-maintained exercise room and indoor pool; OK continental breakfast; all at a reasonable price. I would return.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2010

The people who run this place really go out of their way to make it a positive experience. We arrived a few hours before check-in time, but they immediately set up our room so that we wouldn't have to wait. Then, I accidentally left my credit card in the room. They called me just a few hours after we left to tell me that house-keeping had found it and they mailed it to me right away. Very honest people and VERY helpful!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2010

This is a standard hotel with subpar service and plain jane rooms. My room was actually HUGE, (I could have hosted a cardio class in the room) and had a jacuzzi cornered in the wall which welcomed me with hair in the drain. I took a quick inventory of the space - coffee maker was not cleaned out, toilet had rings in it. Ewe. So, I called down to get the room cleaned - which wasn't possible since the housekeepers were not on property anymore? The Front Desk agent said, "Well, I'll leave a note and they'll have to discount it in the morning." What about the dirtiness of the room? "I have some tilex." So, I am staying in a huge (sparsely decorated and furnished) hotel room that has hair in the tub, used coffee in the coffee maker and no wireless internet! Horrible!

I had a deadline for an article due, so I was looking forward to working on the internet with the "wireless" but it was such a low signal that I had to call down for a cat 5 cable (which the desk was not sure what/where it was" and when he brought it up it was broken. I have just jimmied it to make it work.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We stayed here on May 21, 2010, on the way to the NC mountains. Check in was a breeze, room was huge and spotless. Had a mini fridge, which was an unexpected plus. The staff was friendly, recommending local restaurants. Beds were okay-to-good. a little firmer than I prefer, but decent. Would not hesitate to stay here again, and I recommend it to any traveler.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2010

We stopped here on our way back from Michigan, heading to Georgia. The front desk lady checked us in really fast and was very sweet! When we got to our room, the air was turned on and everything smelled fresh. I reserved two rooms and they were even kind enough to get us Adjoining rooms so we could go from room to room without going in the hallway. That was awesome! The pool was heated and clean. Breakfast the next morning was alittle crowded but the food was fresh and that was all that mattered! Check out was a breeze! I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel!!! I would recommend it to everyone that travels down I-75!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Boone Tavern Hotel
Hampton Inn Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond
#1 of 14 in Richmond
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Express Berea? Share your experiences!