“Sunday Brunch!”

Boone Tavern Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Boone Tavern Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Berea
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 100 Main Street N.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife an I reserved a table for the Sunday Brunch. We were seated immediately and attended to immediately by a very pleasant waitress. Linens on the table and a very very nice atmosphere to dine in. Overlooking the busy street through the picture windows gives the restaurant a very nice feel. The brunch is in a room adjacent to the main dining room. As soon as we entered the food room we were offered custom omelets. Nicely done. The salad is fresh and the citrus dressing is very good. Mandarin oranges, pasta and more to go on the salad plate. Fried chicken, carved ham, chicken and dumplings, sausage, bacon, green beans, risotto, and more good food. At least 6 desserts to choose from. This restaurant was not busy and I do not know why. It is excellent in every way. Very classy and wonderful service. I would make this a destination restaurant. We liked everything about it..

1  Thank Corvette1871

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Glad to patronize this restaurant just for the history & support to Berea College. Had a lovely breakfast of omelets and great biscuits that was reasonably priced. Servers are students, who were quite apologetic at the length of time it took for our orders (new computer launched that morning) and their sincerity overcame any impatience.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Visited Boone Tavern for Dinner on November 4, 2013 and was looking forward to a nice dining experience. We have eaten there for lunch and had wonderful food - in fact the best catfish I have ever eaten but dinner was not. I ordered Fried Green tomatoes that were more than crispy and the pork chop dinner left a lot to be desired as well. Dessert was wonderful - great peanut butter pie.
We left with a check of $110.00. Too much money for food that is poorly prepared and for a restaurant that only had 3 tables of customers.

1  Thank shypoke
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Had lunch in this very nice restaurant! Had reservations and was a little early but was seated upon
Arrival. Berea is famous for its spoon bread so the nice waitress was giving everyone a sample. I I was not a big fan it tasted like cornbread soufflé to me . But I had the roast beef sandwich and it
Was excellent! Had race day pie which is pecan pie with chocolate chips which was delicious!!
A little pricy for dessert! Very classy place and well worth the drive to eat here! On Sunday's they
Have a brunch which is also very good! So if you are in this area give this restaurant a try!! You will
Not be disappointed!!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The Historic Boone Tavern has a well deserved reputation of fine service and delicious food. Our server was great and we enjoyed visiting with her. I don't recommend this restaurant if your party has young children - its just too formal.
The food was expertly prepared and presented. I had the scallops which were delicious and my husband had the lamb pot roast. Please note that this restaurant is in a dry city and dry county - be prepared for iced tea or soda. Don't miss the spoon-bread, its famous for a reason.

1  Thank AmesFL