Red Roof Inn & Suites Berea
Travelocity
  • Room Service
US$131
Priceline
All reviewsroom was cleanbiscuits and gravywaffleshot breakfasthousekeeping staffone night stayartisan centerreclinermotelcerealpetmicrowavefloridahighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Night manager was very courteous. Room was clean & comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. So happy to find this hotel because our original reservation was a Super 8 down the road & that place looked scary! Definitely worth the money to pay a lil bit more than Super 8. Felt safe at Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Room was dingy and drab.
Bathroom was in need of a deep cleaning: shower curtain mildewed and smelling of urine, Tile grout very stained and moldy, towels dingy and worn.
Front desk clerk was friendly but did not present himself in professional dress in his dirty ball cap. Clerk was also not cooperative when we asked that our stay be recorded on our Carlson Frequent stay account. Different clerk at our checkout did take care of problem when we requested it. This hotel chain usually has good properties and services. This site was a disappointment.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ken C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Berea, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Weeniedog51, I wish to thank you for taking the time to write a response on Trip Advisor. I am sad to hear that your stay was less than enjoyable. I will ensure that the bathroom is spotless for our next set of guest. I will also address the gentleman's worn ball cap. Again thanks for the comments, they help maintain the high standard that our guest know and love. Good Travels!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

From check in to check out it was great. The price was terrific, the hotel was clean, cute lobby with fireplace and lending library. When we checked in, the desk clerk was so friendly and happy and nice. The room was clean and very large. Went for a swim in the pool, which was quite small, and was so pleasantly surprised at how warm it was!! Breakfast in the morning was good, typical hotel fare....muffins/bagels/cereal/waffles and then sausage and sausage gravy with biscuits. We needed more towels in the pool, and in our room, and the same clerk was working again and was just so accomodating and friendly. Rooms are new and clean and large, bathroom was clean. No problems at all. Pizza place and Subway right across the road. Will stay there again for next event at Berea College.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MarciD
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I had booked this hotel with member points well in advance of our Friday-night stay for FOUR people. The hotel had upgraded me to a king-sized suite at no extra charge (my request) because I had three teenagers along with me. There were no pillows available for the pull-out sofa. The bathroom had towels for three people instead of four, and I had to ask for extra shampoo and conditioner because the bathroom only had enough for ONE person. The wireless internet connection was virtually non-existent, and I had to use my cellphone as a data hotspot to enter business reports that were due the evening I stayed, and three wound up being overdue as a result. When I asked management what was the problem with the internet, he told me that one of the hotel routers had died earlier in the week and he didn't have the time to get a new one installed and apologized. The breakfast was good and plentiful with lots of tables and seating available.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask them to have all the room amenities available for the number of people in your party.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The layout of the property and decor is familiar from other Country Inn & Suite properties we've stayed in, including those we visited during this particular vacation trip. The price of the room was fine and the bed sufficiently comfortable but there were a number of things that we found below par and the reason we will be looking for another place next time we're in the area.

As always, the reception is friendly and there's always plenty of parking. Like other hotels in this chain, this facility has a pool, exercise room, free WiFi and offers a free breakfast. The double Queen room was reasonably spacious including an in room small fridge and microwave. Our room, however, did not have a sink other than in the bathroom, not a huge deficiency but different from some of the other properties we've stayed in. Our real disappointments were as follows:

Breakfast - small selection and only about 10 Tables (most seating only two people). It got really crowded in a hurry on Sunday morning. Plus the breakfast entrees were the usual bacon/sausage rounds, scrambled eggs and a waffle maker. However, the quality of these was mediocre, the coffee was not good, and milk was kept in it's plastic jug in the cooler, the same cooler that there was no yogurt in.

The bathroom was similar in layout and decor to other Country Inns including the soaps and shampoos. However, the deficiency in the bathroom was the towels, not only were we one short but the ones we had were threadbare and had a tear and was trailing threads.

Last item, the pool is much smaller than other Country Inns have.

Overall, it was not a bad stay but I think I'd look for a different one next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family