“Fantastic Service! Average Food”
Review of Rio Grandee

Rio Grandee
Ranked #10 of 54 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate here before Berea graduation last Sunday. We were running a little behind schedule because of roadwork on I-75 in northern Tennessee (go figure). We chose to eat Mexican food since it was just across from the college and Mexican food usually serves quickly. Quickly, in this instance, was an understatement. We were served less than 5 minutes after ordering. The staff was friendly and efficient. The food was OK. Not the best I have had. The price was good, too. All-in-all, it served our purposes for this day perfectly.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The picture is not of the El Rio Grande restaurant. El Rio (as it is called locally) has really good Mexican food at a very good price. Waiter/waitresses are fast and efficient. It's a family owned and run restaurant (not a chain.) I recommend the Luncheon specials for best value.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I had been to Mariachi's twice, and one of my friends suggested that I try Rio Grande, which he prefers. On his advice, I gave it a try. The service was excellent, and I was happy with the food. The chips and salsa arrived very quickly, as did my drink. The salsa was fine, but not remarkable; I thought the salsa at Mariachi's had a more complex, fresh taste. I ordered chicken taquitos, and they were freshly made and hot when they arrived. They were good--better than average-- but not outstanding in terms of flavor or presentation. The guacamole salad was good, but I thought the guacamole was just a little mushy. (I like mine with little bits of avocado in it, not a smooth paste. But that's a personal preference.) I would go back to Rio Grande, for sure, but I think my personal preference would be Mariachi's.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stopped for dinner and had good service. The staff that we met were from Mexico. The salsa and chips were average .I was happy to see the real Mexican sodas and ordered a pineapple one. The dinners we had were very good. I has the Chili Rellenos and Taco combo with rice and beans, and my friend had a Chimichanga which was quite large and also came with rice and beans. We both left very full.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

If you end up in Berea you must stop at Rio Grande. It is a fabulous restaurant and a great way place to socialize. I have been here twice now with several friends. There fajitas are my favorite. They serve a very good portion for the price you pay. In addition the food was hot and I could not finish my plate. A good meal costs about six dollars. The place is very comfortable you can sit inside or out on their beautiful porch. The waiters are good hosts and do a great job making sure one's needs are meet. I definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a cheap, filling and relaxing place to eat.

Been to Rio Grandee? Share your experiences!