“Good Mexican Restaurant in Berea”
Review of Rio Grandee

Rio Grandee
Ranked #11 of 52 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: Mexican
“Good Mexican Restaurant in Berea”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I often come here when we want to eat out since it's close to campus, having good service, good food and affordable price. I like to eat in the patio because it feels so good with the breeze. My favorite food here is the special fajitas with both chicken and steak in it.

• Visited May 2014

Da Lat, Vietnam
“Great guakamole salad”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was too full that day so I just ordered a guakamole salad. It tasted fantastic! The home-made salsa is great too. My friend order taco, and he thought it was not so good. The portion is pretty big!
Good service

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tran N
Lake City, Florida
“Fantastic Service! Average Food”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate here before Berea graduation last Sunday. We were running a little behind schedule because of roadwork on I-75 in northern Tennessee (go figure). We chose to eat Mexican food since it was just across from the college and Mexican food usually serves quickly. Quickly, in this instance, was an understatement. We were served less than 5 minutes after ordering. The staff was friendly and efficient. The food was OK. Not the best I have had. The price was good, too. All-in-all, it served our purposes for this day perfectly.

Berea, Kentucky
“Local favorite!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The picture is not of the El Rio Grande restaurant. El Rio (as it is called locally) has really good Mexican food at a very good price. Waiter/waitresses are fast and efficient. It's a family owned and run restaurant (not a chain.) I recommend the Luncheon specials for best value.

• Visited February 2014
Jonesborough, Tennessee, United States
“Not quite as good as Mariachi's.”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I had been to Mariachi's twice, and one of my friends suggested that I try Rio Grande, which he prefers. On his advice, I gave it a try. The service was excellent, and I was happy with the food. The chips and salsa arrived very quickly, as did my drink. The salsa was fine, but not remarkable; I thought the salsa at Mariachi's had a more complex, fresh taste. I ordered chicken taquitos, and they were freshly made and hot when they arrived. They were good--better than average-- but not outstanding in terms of flavor or presentation. The guacamole salad was good, but I thought the guacamole was just a little mushy. (I like mine with little bits of avocado in it, not a smooth paste. But that's a personal preference.) I would go back to Rio Grande, for sure, but I think my personal preference would be Mariachi's.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Rio Grandee? Share your experiences!