“Will Not Stay Here Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Berea
Texas
“Will Not Stay Here Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2008

We booked our hotel thru ChoiceHotels by phone for 2 nights 4 people using our Choice Rewards Membership and also took advantage of our free night stay by using our rewards points. When we arrived the hotel management pulled up our reservation for the price quoted and informed us that the rate quote was for 2 people only! I told the hotel that this reservation was booked on line and had my reservations printed for proof. They finally got it right, but no free night was included? I had a hard time comunicating with the management, and they told me they don't have free nights, and I ask them what was the Choice Rewards Program for? They told me that Comfort Inn was accross the street. We finally got the reservations straighten out, they found the other free night and re-programed my room key. Once we checked in, there were problems with the Tv remote, The toilet would not stop running, and the peep hole in the door had been painted over, and you couldn't see. I had to call the front desk to get the phone turned on, what's the deal, I have never had to call to have a hotel phone turned on to make local calls??? I went down for the continental breakfast, the milk was left out, the donuts were stale and not much anything else to choose from. I also had to ask for extra towels and wash clothes. The hotel management told me that this room was for two people only, it was reserved as 4 people, I don't think they can count!

I went to buy a soda at the vending machine, and it was out of order.
When we returned home, my son had left his wallet, and we suspected he left it in the room the morning we departed. We called the hotel after returning home that evening, and the hotel owner would not do anything and never called us back !!!!!

To sum it up, I will never again stay at this location if it is the last hotel standing in this town !

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Bhcougar
EconoLodgeBerea, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We are very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your most recent stay with us, especially that we were not able to address the issues and misunderstandings right away. It is disheartening to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that the room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our housekeeping and maintenance staff. We want to apologize for the fact that you encountered resistance and that you felt insulted by the inappropriate behavior of the staff member. We also want you to know that we deeply regret the errors that led to these serious circumstances. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review and for contacting us to give us the opportunity to address this situation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Red Roof Inn and Suites
Hampton Inn Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond
#1 of 14 in Richmond
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!