“De-lish!!!”

Cuisines: American, German, Greek, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2012

On our overnight stay in Bowling Green, we were told about this restaurant on the square. Seeing the outside of the restaurant was not too impressive. After entering,it transformed into a cozy, romantic restaurant. White table cloths, candles on the tables, tiffany-styled lighting fixtures and comfortable chairs. The walls were painted red and the upholstered seating area against the walls was done in a black patterend cloth. Our waitress was relatively new it seemed to us. She was alittle slow to bring the wine, and bread. But that was okay with us. We had no schedule and we were wanting to have a nice, enjoyable dinner. I ordered the Prawns over pasta w/ Alfredo sauce. It was served with a Caribbean Jerk sauce. One word - delicious!! My husband ordered the Kentucky Steak and he said it was very tasty and tender. I tried it and he was absolutely correct. Both my husband and I ordered the Caesar salad. Since I love making Caesar salad I am always wanting to try how others make their dressing. This restaurants was very interesting. Not bad, but definitely different, a tad sweet. The entire evening was very pleasant and not rushed!

Reviewed 20 October 2012

We decided to go to Bowling Green for dinner although it was a distance from our B&B. Without any particular restaurant in mind we chose Verdi since it was on the square and the other nearby restaurant seem to have an event. It turned out to be a suprisingly good choice. I had the raspberry chicken which was good but I would have perefered a little more intense respberry flavoring. My husband had the Kentuky Steak which was superb. I ended up stealling several pieces off his plate. This was the best meal of our entire trip. The resturant has a fine dining/romantic atmosphere although I still felt comfortable even being slightly underdressed having spent the day at Mammoth Cave.

1  Thank windycitytraveler13
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

Just had a wonderful lunch with colleagues at this fine restaurant. Sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather, city park setting, and fine service. Delicious, fresh-tasting, imaginative menu items and a great server. Thanks, Verdi!

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Went to Verdi on a Thursday night around 7:30 and the place was all ours other than 1 table. We were greeted by the host promptly on coming inside and were given our choice of any table. They had smooth Jazz music playing to go along with low light which made for a romantic atmosphere. They also had a small bar area with a TV that was showing a football game. The menu seemed very vast in the sense that it had the choice of beef, chicken, pasta, seafood and even lamb. The types of food tended to lean toward the more exotic and were slightly pricey. We started off with the Potato soup as an appetizer. It was pretty decent. It was a bit thinner than a potato soup at most restaurants, but had a bit different flavor and chunks of potato in it.

For the entrees we went with the Chicken and Crab Scaloppine with Sherry. The crabcake on the top was very good. The chicken was average, more bland. The sauce that it was in was sweeter and didn't make the dish any more or less memorable. It came with a tomato in between it and a side of Asparagus.

We also oredered the Chocolate Steak. This came with mashed potatoes and asparagus. Both sides were average. The steak was very good. It was cooked to perfection and had a bit of a sweet hint to it. It didn't taste like outright chocolate or have chocolate on it, but it definitely gave a grilled sweet flavor. It required no steak sauce and was tasty.

We did not order drinks, but I'm sure those are similar most places. They did offer a separate wine menu, which we declined.

Overall this place is a great spot for a private romantic dinner experience with good food. Prices are on the high end for Bowling Green, but the atmosphere is a nice touch.

2  Thank HanKelly
Reviewed 28 August 2012

After our last visit to Bowling Green and a superb meal at Verdi, we chose it again this trip. The calamari is still excellent, nice with the by the glass Vouvray. But the highlight was the chicken scallopini with tomato, crab and a sherry sauce. They have more wines by the glass than most, the atmosphere is romantic, service was excellent - everything you hope for in a better restaurant and very reasonable prices.