“Great BBQ, really great service”
Review of Smokey Pig Bar-B-Q

Smokey Pig Bar-B-Q
Ranked #3 of 311 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We are from Kansas City and are no strangers to good BBQ. On the way down to Nashville we took a detour specifically to try Monroe County style. My husband and I split a pork shoulder plate, red skin mashed taters, beans, two bottles of beer, and a slice of derby pie for a little under $14, which we felt was a pretty great deal. The pork shoulder was in a delicious, briny broth and the potatoes were awesome! Our server, Lee was fantastic-very helpful and friendly. Definitely a place to check out!

1  Thank Rachel D

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Ask for Lee and tell him you read the review on Trip Advisor. This place is red neck BBQ at it's very best.

Get here early as they always run out. Family run business shown with every plate served.

Don't miss out if your in Bowling Green.

2  Thank Telephonemike
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My boyfriend and I have taken one big trip a year for the last 4 years or so and so this year we started off at Mammoth Cave. I wanted to try some BBQ places this trip so I started goggling places before we left and this is one that came up. We ended up driving here on a Thursday night and it was well worth it. We came in and they were out of some of the meat, but our pork sandwiches were really good and we liked the sides each of us got as well. I actually had no idea what I wanted and one of the guys behind the counter told me what he thought was good, so I just went with what he said he thought I should get. He was very nice and everyone else seemed that way as well. I would recommend this place to anyone I know passing though.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I ate here after reading the review's on Trip Advisor. I had the ribs and they were delicious! The sauce is the best ever! my ribs were just a little tough/overdone and that is the only reason I am not giving it 5 stars! I am sure I just got a tough slab!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This place has the best barbeque and pork shoulder!!! The sides are great also!! It is a hole in the wall type of place with really great food and service!!

1  Thank KIM M