“A Very nice Night”

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Piqua, Ohio
“A Very nice Night”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The motel was clean, comfortable and the breakfast was first class. The breakfast had many choices and was fresh.

Didn't try the pool, but it looked inviting. Would stay here again with no hesitation. Wifi was good too.

Room Tip: I used Tingo
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank olger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Franklin, TN
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We were on a mini-vacation, the kids and I, and spent one night here. Check-in was great, and the breakfast was, as well. My kids love to swim and on the Sunday morning the pool was being cleaned, making that a problem, The staff member cleaning the pool volunteered a time when the chemicals would be safe, and the front desk was kind enough to let us have a late check-out, so that we could get our "pool time" in. That was very much appreciated.

The room itself was as nice as expected, but could have used a little bit better cleaning. I hesitate to even write such a thing, but it was obvious that vacuuming had been skipped - or rushed - because I stepped on an earring from a previous guest, as well as another small piece of trash. I also noticed that the vent in the bathroom really needed to be cleaned, with significant dust on it.

It's possible that some things were just overlooked on this particular room that day, and I will stay there again when I'm back in Bowling Green. Oh, and it's nicely located, just off the interstate, with a lot of dining options nearby.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed our visit 100%. The check in was smooth, the room very nice, the breaksfast was very good with real dishes. The staff was helpful. We thought the front porch was very pleasant to sit and take in the wonderful weather of the day. We always enjoy our visits to Bowling Green and will always stay here when we come to Bowling Green Ky.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this property multiple times because it is very clean, comfortable, & quiet. This time we got a suite, with an actual door between the rooms. We made use of the sleeper sofa in front room, which was made up prior to our arrival, & ready for use when pulled out. Nicely furnished, adequate space. May have recently renovated, everything new & modern in our suite. Fresh cookies & hot coffee to great us in lobby. The chocolate chips in my cookie were still a bit melty & delicious. Breakfast had variety, but mostly the usual. I did enjoy the hot oatmeal in the Quaker Oats pot.
There are numerous hotel options in this area, & prices are competitive.
We will stay here again.

Stayed September 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I wrote a previous review of this hotel. After our stay we arrived home and was informed that another couple that traveled with us had been charged 3 times for the same room. This prompted me to check my account and yes they had charged our account after we paid cash for the room. I then called the hotel to speak with them and informed her that I had two debits and one credit on my checking account. She said they showed no history of the second debit and there was nothing she could do. After a long conversation of me explaining I had paid TWICE for the room she said again that she could be of no help and there was no manager on duty to help clear the issue up. Mysteriously the transactions were reversed shortly after speaking to her. I can understand a mishap but this hotel was a headache from the time we checked in. They have MAJOR housekeeping issues that a large part of our group experienced. They tried to charge us a higher rate when we checked in opposed to what we booked it at online. Im not sure if this place has changed owners in the past years that we have been staying here but its no comparison as to what it was a few years ago. I highly advised to watch you accounts if you stay here. If it were just us it could have been a mistake but when they overcharge other couples that is a bit suspicious. For the price you pay for this hotel it is way below standards. I would compare it to a 1 star hotel.

5 Thank blwampler1018
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bowling Green, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear blwampler1018,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and inform us about the billing issues with your room. We understand the inconveniences this can cause. We apologize for the difficulties you encountered, but are happy to see the situation has been resolved.
mtv illinois
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We have stayed here many times . When we arrived the check in went smooth. Going into our room the bed looked as if kids had played on it. I went to front desk to ask if some one was staying in room. The girl said it hadn't been rented for 2 days. We said ok and went to eat . After returning from supper to the room and pulling the covers back we found the bed was dirty and had hair on the sheets. Again I returned to the front desk where they gave us another room. This room was cleaner but still the beds looked like a child made them. The next day after returning again , We found the covers were just pulled back up and the sheets were hanging out on one side nearly dragging the floor. Glass's were not restocked. Food for breakfast was ok but not hot.
When we checked out I mentioned this to the front desk and they were sorry. If I didn't know better or never had stayed here before I thought I was in a 1 star motel. This wont be my choice place of stay in the future.

2 Thank dan p
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We stay here every year for the NMRA race at Beech Bend Raceway. This is the first year it truly disappointed. Housekeeping was not what it should have been. The beds looked like my 5 year old had made them. He probably could have done better actually. The soap dish had gray hair all over it and the room was covered in dust. The carpet had large black stains between the bed. We will stay with Drury Inn from now on.

• Stayed October 2013