“Awesome food, great service”

Garcia's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 291 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wentzville, MO
“Awesome food, great service”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We came to this restaurant based on the good reviews and were not disappointed. The service was very friendly. We asked to move to a different table because we were sitting under an a/c vent and they cheerfully obliged. At no time did we feel like we were putting them out to move. The chips and salsa were delicious and all of our food was good. Based on the reviews, I ate the fish tacos and they were delicious.

Visited May 2014

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Bland Food, Poor Menu Selection”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was in the mood for some Mexican, so I "googled" the choices for Bowling Green. I chose Garcia's due to the close proximity.

If you desire a greasy table, a waiter whom was quasi-rude by only yelling 'Ready???' (to order) when he approached the table, & bland food - go to Garcia's. The food was such a disappointment.

Bland food, higher prices, & low performing staff.

Visited April 2014
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
“Looking for Upscale Mexican in Bowling Green?”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Not to long ago I headed back to my favorite Mexican restaurant in the Bowling Green area, Garcia’s. When I moved here 7 seven years ago this was the Mexican restaurant I checked out. I continue to be pleased with their food.

I stopped in at 2:30 on a Tuesday. Two other diners occupied a window booth and I asked the host if I could have one also. He said, “Yes.” After a few minutes of sitting, the host noticed that no one had brought me salsa and chips. Right away he took care of me. As I tasted the salsa right away I noticed the bold flavors. The salsa was thick and not watery.

I asked for a frozen margarita. The host told me that today they have special $2.00 margarita. This is true every Tuesday. I ordered one. Even at 2:30 you can still order off the lunch menu. So decided to have the fajitas. One of my favorites! You can order a mixture of beef and chicken.

One of the things I like about Garcia’s are the black beans. Unlike other Mexican restaurants in the area you can have either black or refried beans. The rice is more plump and never dried out. Sometimes in more typical restaurants the rice gets dry.

In no time I heard and smelled the sizzle of my fajitas. I want to think in years past the beef and chicken had been more plump or thick in size. Perhaps my memory fails me. The flavors were good. On a separate plate was a scoop of sour cream guacamole, and a small amount of lettuce. All attractively presented. I even enjoyed a second margarita.

I have popped in when the restaurant is busy. One of the things I like is that you can smell a variety of foods. For me that entices me to want to eat there. Can’t wait for another $2.00 Tuesday.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank RPWORLD
plant city
“Lacking spice but good meal”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Food was a little bland but service was super fast and attentive.
The table next to us ordered fajitas which looked and smelled amazing! Next time we will try that dish.

Toronto, Canada
“Very nice”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I very much enjoyed this restaurant, although I'm by no means an authority on Mexican food. It was all very tasty, with great salsa and chips. Staff was very nice as well. If you're in the mood for Mexican I don't see how you can go wrong here.

• Visited March 2014