“Great for a stop along the way”

Red Roof Inn Bowling Green
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
North America
“Great for a stop along the way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

First time visiting this location. It's a busy area, lots of shopping, restaurants and other hotels nearby. Hotel was renovated some time ago and is now seeing a little wear and tear in some areas. Seemed fairly clean and was quiet for the night we stayed. Very small breakfast area so you might have to wait a little depending on what time you arrive. Check in and out went smooth. Was pet friendly which is a big plus for us. Would stay again if in the area. Definitely nothing extraordinary that would make it an "excellent" stay but was decent and for the money spent it was in line with expectations.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have stayed at this property the last couple of times I've been in Bowling Green on business and have found it to be as good a bargain as there is in town. The hotel is conveniently located to many restaurants and the main retail shopping area in town. The rooms are clean and attractively decorated. They have been updated with new floors, work areas, microwaves and mini-fridges. They feature a decent sized work area and a flat screen TV with a wide variety of cable channels. The staff is friendly and the rates are good. If you are looking for a nice place to stay without spending a lot of money I have found this to be the place in Bowling Green, KY.

Room Tip: I prefer an upstairs room so I don't take the chance of a noisy neighbor above me
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan T
Clifton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I have enjoyed myself here. The maids didn't understand English but I still enjoy my stay here. The people at the front desk were exceptionally nice. I will come again.
These people here are very good.
I have met some good people here.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Lansing, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I made our hotel choice based on tripadvisor reviews and were disappointed. We could hardly believe we were staying at the same Scottsville Rd. Inn that so many others had favorably reviewed. Perhaps it was because we had a small dog and were given a lesser room but we will not be stopping again. We made reservations for a Superior/ King room and were given a business/King, no biggie. However, we found the room to be uncomfortably small, my white sock bottoms dirty from walking the floor and the furnishings worn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank flatco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Staff very friendly and helpful. Clean room with extras included (king room has microwave and fridge included). Paint/fixtures are kind of worn but room is clean and bed is comfy. Great overnight stop on the road!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Bronson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was presently surprised at the experience here at red roof. I booked this hotel based on both price and customer reviews. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling down to bowling green. It was very clean, seemed very safe for my vette, and the staff graciously accommodated my needs for a ground floor room. The breakfast was good. People who complain about this hotels breakfast maybe expected an Easter brunch for this price? I accidentally left a favored shirt behind in my rush to get to the GM plant, with one phone call the staff found my shirt and mailed it back to my home (kudos for excellent customer service). If you are looking for a nice, clean, affordable hotel in Bowling Green Kentucky.... I highly recommend this venue. Thank you to the staff for a great experience. You also have the lowest gas prices in the area just two doors down. My visit was the second week of July.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael K
Northfield, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We chose this hotel for price, location to vacation sites, and the reviews on tripadvisor. The room was updated and very clean. No nasty carpeting or disgusting bedding like you usually get in lower priced hotels. The room had Pergo flooring, new mattresses, pillows and very clean. People steal towels, heck I'd take the pillows. The staff was very helpful and the location was very close to restarants and shopping. I would definitely recommend staying here and continue to be surprised at how nice the Red Roof Inns have become.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a microwave or refrigerator. They are all nicely painted and decorated. We did...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
RedRoof658, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bowling Green, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! We take great pride in providing our guests with clean, affordable rooms and friendly service. There are many things to do in Bowling Green. You can spend the day at Beech Bend Park and Splash Lagoon enjoying the thrill rides and water slides. If your a car enthusiat, you can take a tour of the one and only National Corvette Museum or tour the GM plant while the vettes are being manufactured. You can also venture to Lost River Cave and experience the NEW Kayaking Tour and kayak through the cave. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that your experience will sway you into trying other Red Roof Locations. By joining our Redicard program, you can earn points toward free night stays and enjoy a refreshing bottle of water at check in. Sign up at Redroof.com and register for our Stay 2-Get 1 Free promotion running through the end of August. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!