“A Special 40th Birthday”
Review of On the Bone - CLOSED

On the Bone
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bowling Green, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Special 40th Birthday”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I wanted an evening for my wife's 40th birthday that let her know how special she is. On the Bone was amazing in their accommodation of our party. On the Bone helped prepare a select menu that was creative and appealing to all of our guests. The atmosphere was sophisticated yet inviting and the evening was full of laughter and stories among friends. The food was amazing and their made from scratch selection of house dressings were a hit. Service was perfectly timed, never rushed and friendly. "Sir Tom", my 10 year old's nick name for his favorite waiter, was especially attentive. They even made their wireless available and setup a laptop so we could Skype family that could not attend. On the Bone you are the best!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank sawyerdad

Central City, KY
“Pretty Disappointed”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

For some time I have been wanting to try On The Bone. My husband and I decided to go there on Friday evening to celebrate our wedding anniversary and his upcoming birthday. What a disappointment. After viewing photo's of the food and reading other reviews, I was very optimistic that we would have a fabulous meal. Truth is it was only average. Very small property and it was not busy at all on a Friday at 6:00 pm. Our waiter, Annie, was very friendly and helpful and did a great job. Our salads were not cold at all, at best room temperature and the house made dressing had little or no taste. I tried the bone in pork chop which was very tender and had a great grill taste, but to supposedly to have been marinated for a long period, had no taste of the marinade. The potatoes were very dry, but the fresh vegetables were very good, not overcooked. My husband had the rib eye and it was very tasty. Cooked as he ordered it and the side of mushrooms were very good. The meal was not a total loss as we shared a bread pudding for dessert and it was absolutely delicious. All in all, I would just give this restaurant an average rating. Probably will not return.

• Visited June 2013
Scottsville, Kentucky
“Best steak in BG!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at On The Bone last night and had an excellent meal. She had the filet and I had the strip. Both of our steaks were cooked perfectly. My steak had the mango habenero glaze, which has a little kick to it. The sides were great as well. Service was excellent. The only minor negative is there is no hostess stand at the rear entrance, which I assume is the main since the parking is in the rear. This makes you feel like you wandered into the dinning area. Overall it was a great experience, reasonable priced and we'll be making a return visit. Oh and save room for the bread pudding, it's worth it!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank CoryJones
“I can't believe this place isn't #1 in Bowling Green!”
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

Found this on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. I can't believe what a great experience this was.
The Bread Pudding was the BEST I have EVER had. The consistency was perfect. Moist but not runny at all. The flavor was out of this world!
The prices are very reasonable for the spectacular taste and large portions. The steak with the mango sauce was SO good. The deep fried mashed potatoes are wonderful with the crunchy
outside.
My friend said it was the best fish she has had.
I felt like we were eating very high-end food prepared by a famous chef it was THAT amazing!
Atmosphere was nice and clean.
The service was great. Our waiter was very helpful and pleasant.
If you are ever near Bowling Green, do yourself a favor and eat here. You will wish it was in your city.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Stlouiebaby
“It was.. okay.”
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant after multiple friends suggested it. I was very disappointed. The food wasn't very good. When our food came out, I had to ask our waitress if it was the correct items because everything was completely different from what the menu described it as. I won't be going back, and I wouldn't suggest it.

• Visited February 2013