“GM Corvette Assembly Plant”

General Motors Corvette Assembly Plant
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Bowling Green
More attraction details
Owner description: See first-hand how robots weld the steel and human workers add the parts to make a Corvette at this plant, the only one in the U.S. that produces the car. Call ahead as tours will be suspended starting December 1, 2003 through April of 2004.
Hamilton, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“GM Corvette Assembly Plant”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I didn't think I would like this but went with my husband. I liked the tour of the Plant much better than the Museum.
The tour guide explained a lot.
I'm from Canada and was surprised at the lack of safety measures the workers had here. Most women had long hair, not tied back, no hard hats, safety eye wear.
At the end of the tour, a young person drove the corvette off the line for just a few feet, then someone else drove the same corvette to the washing station. What a great job.
We met a couple who had met and married who had worked in the Louisiana plant, were retired and did the tour with us.
Very nice couple.

Visited April 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an amazing place”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I went to the plant to watch my 2014 being built and what an incredible experience it was!! Everyone was so friendly and each and every employee thanked me for purchasing a Corvette. I never realized how many hands touched one car on the assembly line, it is an amazing experience that is not to be missed!!

1 Thank Susan P
Washington, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Corvette owner or not, it is worth it.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Was even better than expected. Well worth the money and time. Would suggest for anyone in the area to check this out. You so not need to own a corvette to enjoy this.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dale F
Zaltbommel, The Netherlands
190 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 206 helpful votes
“See it all, hear it all, great even for not so big car fans !”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We bought our tickets on line for the 11.30 tour. We came 15 before that time and found approx 100 other guests waiting. The introduction film is short but clear and than the first group of about 20 people were taken in. 15 minutes later, second group, etc etc...so we ended up waiting until 12.30. But that was the only negative. The tour guide was well informed, informative and easy to understand. The tour route all on even surface and the workers and cars could be seen from all angles and perspectives. All questions were answered clearly. Even me, who doesn't like cars that much, had a great time. Thumbs up for this tour !

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dutchkathy
Herndon, Virginia
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Wonderful to see this factory in action”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is probably the best factory tour in America. I love watching the Corvettes grow on the assembly line. Tour guides are not Corvette experts but they try hard to answer questions. It is a great experience to see America building things, especially these road rockets. 3rd trip to the plant for us since 1994. Kids will ooh and ahh watching the show. Workers on the line are friendly, often smiling or saying hi.

Visited June 2014