“Booked online and was pleasantly surprised”

Staybridge Suites Bowling Green
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
GreenLeadersSilver level
Climax, New York
“Booked online and was pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I were in Bowling Green for family business and decided to stay here because of the convenience to Western Kentucky U, and historic downtown BG. The hotel is brand new and on a major thoroughfare but is nicely landscaped with ample parking. The decorating is modern and appealing and the lobby which serves also as the general dining room for breakfast is attractive. It looks out on the swimming pool area. Our room was clean and spacious with a kitchenette but we were on the ground floor next to the pool and ac units so after one night we asked to change to a higher floor which was done quickly and cheerfully. The bed was very comfortable and pretty. The hot buffet breakfast served every morning was plentiful and delicious in a southern style. The place was packed with families obiously staying for extended stays as well as businessmen and contractors. Loved the convenience of the free laundry and gym! We ate at the barbecue place and the mexican grill recommended as the best by tripadvisor . We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask to stay on upper floors unless you want quick access to the pool and gym
Green Features: We asked that our sheets not be changed which we always do.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Adam A, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Bowling Green, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out comments on your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of some of the local offerings for dinning close to the hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and had such pleasant interactions with the hotel staff. Thank you again for sharing about your last stay with us.

Adam A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Tennessee
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a beautiful an clean hotel. It is only missing a few things and it would be perfect.

Positives: Beds were comfortable, rooms were very clean and felt brand new. We had a 2 bedroom suite. It had 2 double beds in one room and a king in the other. The room had a stove, larger refrigerator, couch with pull out bed, 3 tvs and 2 bathrooms. The breakfast bar was really good. They even had breakfast pizza. No fresh cut fruit, but waffles, cereal, and lots to choose from. The outdoor living area was really nice. Outdoor fire pit, tables by the pool and an outdoor grill area.

Negatives: The grill area was also the smoking area. It had lots of construction workers smoking and drinking beer. It really stunk and you couldn't use it to cook out. The pool was cold and no hot tub. If there was a heated pool and a hot tub, I would have given it 5 stars. Also no carts upon check in. The front desk had stated they would have directions for me the next morning and they did not. Our GPS had us lost and we just happened to drive by the hotel. Location is not very good unless you were local.

Overall I would definately stay here again. I was looking forward to a relaxing evening in the hot tub by the pool, but there wasn't one. Some of the people with me felt really uncomfortable because of the group cursing, smoking and drinking in the covered grill area. It didn't bother me, but I didn't appreciate the language with children present. It would be better if there was another area they could hang out at and drink after a hard days work.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing the information about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and I am sorry to hear that the pool and grill area were not fully enjoyed. We try our best to accommodate all guest and usually do not have issues with other guest but I can certainly understand your concern when it comes to the guests out there using that type of language when children are around. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the other amenities the hotel offers and hope you choose to stay with us should your travels bring you back to this area again.

South Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked our reservation for our family of 4 online on the way to the hotel. The hotel is newer so don't go by your GPS- it will take you to another part of town. After travelling 10 hours we were ready to stop for the night. John greeted us and gave us keys to our room but after getting to our room we realized it was occupied or not cleaned. The beds were not made, food in the fridge, bag of chips on the counter-etc.... We went back to the lobby and John was very upset this happened as his computer was showing the room cleaned. This was the last room with 2 beds so our family had to split up and take 2 rooms. John was able to give us one of the rooms for free and a discount on our other room which was nice. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms clean- my bathroom actually had a bidet which was a nice touch. Overall I would stay here again but wish it was closer to the highway and a BIG Thank You to John who went above and beyond to make sure our stay was pleasant even though we had to split up.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for posting information about your last stay. While I am pleased you were able to get a good night’s sleep and overall enjoyed your stay, I am sorry to hear about the room you were first assigned. I am happy that John was able to accommodate your family and I will be informing his department manager of your comments so that he can be properly recognized. Thank you again for your comments.

Washington, Missouri
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First off, don't use your GPS. This property is so new, streetwise, garmin and others still can't find it and you will end up in another part of town that alot older and slightly seedy. Use map from Staybridge.com.

Second, Plan on bringing trash bags with you. No trashcans at any of entrances. Normally, while road tripping, we empty our traveling trash; sodas, chips at the hotel where we are spending the nigh, but property had no trash cans at any of the hallway entrances. That caused the pet waste can to be full of regular trash and looked like it had not been emptied in a day or so. Even, the trash can under the sink or desk was just a small pail.

Third, Big plus they allow pets

Fourth, This is primary an extended stay property so housekeeping done weekly, except for towels and trash.

Fifth, The bathroom toilet placement is very tight for a man of six-five of more. Right on top of tub, and toilet paper holder.

Sixth, Breakfast area great, but food needs attention. Burnt omelets both days there. Ham cut in pieces and very salty. Need to have staff wipe tables, floors better especially during family reunions.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing information about your last stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately we do not have exterior trashcans at all entrances, there are some at the main entrance along with on the inside of the main courtyard doors in the great room. As you mentioned we do have a full breakfast every morning and I will follow up with that department to make sure that they do have the tables cleared and keep a close eye on the food when preparing it.

Cary, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family and I have just returned from Bowling Green where we stayed at this hotel. This was a new hotel and the staff was very friendly and helpful. That was about the best I can say about this hotel. First, the GPS brought us to an address that was in a very shady part of town. Then when we got into our room, it was very very dirty. The shower in both bathrooms were dirty. The light switch had dirt smeared on it. The floor in the kitchen was sticky and very dirty. My husband took and shower and slipped on the bath towel. When he picked it up and noticed that the towel was black on the other side. When I went to bed, there were several hairs in the bed when I pulled the blanket down. The pool was way to small for the size of the hotel and the breakfast was okay. We always stay at Holiday Inn Express when we travel and we have never had a bad stay. Since this hotel is owned by Holiday Inn we thought we could not go wrong. We thought wrong. We will just stick with what we know.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cygnar28
Adam A, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Bowling Green, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review about the hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. While I am glad you found the staff friendly, I am disappointed about the condition of your room as it is not something typical of our hotel. I appreciate your candidness as it gives us the opportunity to better our services for all of our guest. I will be following up with the department head about your comments so that it can be properly addressed with the staff. I hope that you allow us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Rockford, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wow! I was pleasantly surprised at how large the "suites" were and how clean it was! We stayed in room 108 which I worried would be close to the front desk but thankfully it wasn't. It was down the hall and then down another hall past the guest extra storage closets, which I thought was a really nice feature. So room was quiet except I was woke around 5am from people walking above us. I assume they were just loud walkers since the ceilings were so high and I never heard any noise around us. Bed was comfortable, not the best mattresses we've slept on but certainly not the worse. Room was decorated nicely, very modern and up to date. Bathroom was split with the sink and closet area then a door closed off the toilet and shower. Toilet and shower area was tight but not terrible. Was a little disappointed there were only 2 bath towels. They gave us 3-4 hand towels and even 2 floor mats but only 2 bath towels. Thought this was unusual but could have just been a mistake by the cleaning staff. Was also a little disappointed that we had a Queen bed, apparently they don't have Kings?? When we saw the size of the room then we understood why they only have queens so was okay with the sacrifice. Front desk staff was friendly at check-in. Didn't eat breakfast due to an early check out but the dining/lounge area was very spacious and nice. We would definitely stay again and will be speaking out Staybridge Suites for future travels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam A, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Bowling Green, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your past stay at the hotel. I am glad you found your room and the hotel so pleasent. Our studio suite rooms do only have queen beds but we do offer two larger room styles that to have larger beds and larger rooms as well. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy the breakfast and hope that you select our hotel when you travel again.

Saint Paris, Ohio
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is an outstanding property to stay, but the noise level from the pool/fire pit area makes it impossible to sleep. We were booked on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights July 17 and 19, 2014. All three nights beginning about 1:00 a.m. people drinking alcoholic beverages, shouting and playing loud music made it impossible to sleep. Being working people, needless to say we were worn out and not able to perform as usual the next days. The problem is the staff leaves this area open for late night partying by some hotel guests. A complaint to the front desk only brought the response that it was a wedding party, as if this would excuse the noise. We were on the third floor next to the fire pit, and a request that we be moved to a quieter room was met with the response that the hotel was fully booked.

Room Tip: Stay away from any rooms that are near the great room or pool/fire pit area
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John B
I am happy that you took the time to provide feedback from your stay. As I personally followed up with you, I apologize again for the noise you experienced during your stay. The hotel has policies the staff is to follow in the event there are noise complaints regardless of a wedding party or event taking place as we try to accommodate all guests to the best of our ability. I have since addressed your concerns with the appropriate staff and department heads. We hope that if your travels bring you back to this area that you give us another opportunity to provide you with excellent service.