“Seasonal Treats, Local Ingredients (when available), Fresh Pretty Pleasing”

Home Cafe & Marketplace
Ranked #1 of 313 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I don't really know where to begin this review. I have had so many great foods at Home Cafe. I have had the pleasure of enjoying their unique burgers on burger night, seasonal pizzas, white beans (yes, even just a bowl of white beans - heavenly and comforting), fresh salad with melty buttermilk poached chicken and dried cherries (Southern Chicken Salad). My husband carried out a Sloppy Joe sandwich that had pimento cheese on it - I stole most of it when he got home - it was the best Sloppy Joe I have ever had. If you make it to dessert, they are sinful and my husband and I will decide on one and share because they are usually rich and we are full by then anyway. When tomatoes are in season I love the Margherita Pizza. The pizzas are the perfect size for satisfying but not make you feel like you will pop after eating one. I love pizza and this is the one place I can get a pizza that actually seems "light". Around October they will bring back their beans and cornbread. I accidentally ordered the Southern Chicken Salad once and was so glad I did. Right now that is my favorite thing to order there. On top of great prep plan and execution by the chef they use local and fresh ingredients when they are available or in season. All of the staff is super friendly and they are happy to have you there. The decor is attractive but it is a little tight. They stay busy during peak meal times and weekends which is a terrific thing - it was just a little more nerve wracking when my son was smaller and squirmy, attempting to keep him from disturbing others' meals. On a pretty day the patio is perfect.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Wow! The chicken salad sandwich was one of the best I've had since my grandmothers! The farm fresh bread was loaded with a huge scoop of roasted chicken salad and then a slice each of granny apple and provolone were added- Yum! Service was friendly and the customers were a mix of professional enjoying a mid day break and others leisurely lingering over lunch.
I will be back the next time I have busyness in Bowling Green.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had to get off of the interstate and drive into town to try the Home Cafe, but it was well worth it! The food is fresh and from local suppliers, and is creatively prepared. Service was good, and we would definitely stop by again when we drive through Bowling Green.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is hands down, my favorite place to eat in Bowling Green! Knowing the food is locally grown is a HUGE bonus. The staff has always been really kind, offering suggestions when you're stumped what to get. I have had almost everything on the menu and I can honestly say there's nothing I didn't like! The Cowboy is really good, my husband's favorite is the pork sandwich with apple butter (try it...seriously!). They do not skimp on the meat either, you get plenty of it! I can't usually even fit my mouth around my sandwich without taking some off! Side dishes are always yummy, my personal favorite is the past salad though the homemade chips are a close second. Prices are reasonable for the quality of food you are getting. With 2 meals and drinks, it usually runs us around $20. Much better spent than going to one of the many chains here in Bowling Green. It is a small place, with limited indoor/outdoor seating but we have never had an issue getting a table. Don't let the adventurous combinations scare you, trust me, it will pay off!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Wed is burger nite starting @4
They usually run out so don't wait if you want to try these delicious hamburgers