“This is what I needed”

Home Cafe & Marketplace
Ranked #3 of 286 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Canada
“This is what I needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

After eating at the tourist traps Mammoth Cave park in particular. I was left with a bleak expectation on local restaurants. Luckily we looked up Home Cafe saw the good ratings and gave it a try. Pizzas were on special. We had the chicken pesto and bacon, and buffalo chicken mac n cheese. The pizza crust was thin and alot like a cracker in flavor, then with the oils and butter and other toppings it came together so beautifully. We were grinning like excited children. And desserts, wow! They would make a killing and be world renown if they replaced the Mammoth Cave hotel restaurant.

1 Thank Traugstenthorn

Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Good food from local suppliers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here many time and love the food.
Menu changes daily with available local items.
Any item you chose will be a winner!
Some of the best food in BG!!!!

United States
“Worth the drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Home Cafe is across town from most of my business in BG, but it is worth the drive - best lunch in town! Local foods, inventive menu, outdoor seating. Don't miss the sausage and blackberry pizza.

Kentucky
“Seasonal Treats, Local Ingredients (when available), Fresh Pretty Pleasing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I don't really know where to begin this review. I have had so many great foods at Home Cafe. I have had the pleasure of enjoying their unique burgers on burger night, seasonal pizzas, white beans (yes, even just a bowl of white beans - heavenly and comforting), fresh salad with melty buttermilk poached chicken and dried cherries (Southern Chicken Salad). My husband carried out a Sloppy Joe sandwich that had pimento cheese on it - I stole most of it when he got home - it was the best Sloppy Joe I have ever had. If you make it to dessert, they are sinful and my husband and I will decide on one and share because they are usually rich and we are full by then anyway. When tomatoes are in season I love the Margherita Pizza. The pizzas are the perfect size for satisfying but not make you feel like you will pop after eating one. I love pizza and this is the one place I can get a pizza that actually seems "light". Around October they will bring back their beans and cornbread. I accidentally ordered the Southern Chicken Salad once and was so glad I did. Right now that is my favorite thing to order there. On top of great prep plan and execution by the chef they use local and fresh ingredients when they are available or in season. All of the staff is super friendly and they are happy to have you there. The decor is attractive but it is a little tight. They stay busy during peak meal times and weekends which is a terrific thing - it was just a little more nerve wracking when my son was smaller and squirmy, attempting to keep him from disturbing others' meals. On a pretty day the patio is perfect.

• Visited May 2014
Nashvillle
“Excellent chicken salad sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Wow! The chicken salad sandwich was one of the best I've had since my grandmothers! The farm fresh bread was loaded with a huge scoop of roasted chicken salad and then a slice each of granny apple and provolone were added- Yum! Service was friendly and the customers were a mix of professional enjoying a mid day break and others leisurely lingering over lunch.
I will be back the next time I have busyness in Bowling Green.

Visited May 2014