“Large KOA, good location, needs some TLC.”
Review of Bowling Green KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bowling Green
Bowling Green KOA
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having stayed in a multitude of KOA campgrounds, I am beginning to learn that they fall under two categories - Exceptional quality and value and Has Potential. The Bowling Green KOA falls in the latter category. At one time this KOA was likely well kept and had shiny new amenities. However it is looking a little worse for wear now. None of the RV sites were level and most were in need of additional gravel. The nicest sites had paved patios, charcoal grills, benches, and picnic tables available. These were more out in the open field. The other sites had more shade, but very few extras. There is a complete compliment of cable, electric, Wifi, and sewer hookups at many of the sites. There are two bathroom areas with showers which were cleaned regularly. The pool was busy but clean. There was also a cute mini putt course, paddle boats, pond fishing and gem mining for the kids. The KOA is close to the highway with easy access to many of the area restaurants and sites. You can hear a faint whir of vehicles in the background, but nothing too annoying. Not necessarily a destination campground, but certainly worth the stop if you are on your way down Hwy 65.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Brian S, Public Relations Manager at Bowling Green KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us review. We greatly appreciate your candid comments and your honest opinion. We'll take a look at some of the things you describe in your review and do our best to correct these for future guests. Hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped here in our way back from Pensacola,Fl. Called last minute, very friendly. Told us what to do since we were coming in late. Wasn't able to use much of facility, since we were only needing a place to sleep for the night. bathrooms were very nice & clean. Close to the interstate & city access to gas, restaurant.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Traveling back from Orlando, we were looking for a place to stay the night. I made the reservations online. It was near 10:00 pm when I arrived. I booked an upgraded site with a paved patio. What I was assigned was a site that had no patio and not level at all (front to back and side to side). I called and left 2 messages, and to this day never received a response. The spot was to bad to level my trailer so I moved to another site nearby (over 20 other sites available ). After fixing the problem myself (forget the fact that I paid for an upgraded patio site) tried to sleep, but had to put ac fan on to block put road noise. The campground look like it had some nice things, but I never got to use any as was only there to sleep. The grass was high, the not all the rv sites are level, and staff never contacted me about concerns. As I check out the next morning, I could not help but laugh as the message light on the phone was flashing. First rule of customer service, respond to customers. I would recommend to stay elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2014
Brian S, Public Relations Manager at Bowling Green KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please accept our apologies for your stay not being up to our normal standards and allow us a moment to address your concerns. First is that we always provide accommodations that match what you reserve on our website. If you were given a site that was not what you paid for then we would have gladly given you a partial refund if you had brought this to our attention during your stay. Secondly, we really don't have that many complaints from our guests who haven't been able to level out at our park. Most of our sites are pretty flat and it appears we did try to move you at least once to accommodate. Again, our goal is to make sure every customer is happy so we apologize for the inconvenience and we'll do our best to make sure these types of issues never happen again.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great customer service! Clean room. Very near to meeting center. Many restaurants nearby. Attempted to offer a variety of breakfast items on their continental breakfast bar! Always had fresher baked cookies at night!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Convenient to all that Bowling Green has to offer. This quiet campground is clean and has many extras to offer. A great camp K-9 was my dogs favorite spot! Thursday night was Blue Grass night, what fun that was!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Brian S, Public Relations Manager at Bowling Green KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Everyone loves our Bluegrass night and we are so glad you did as well. Our huge pet playground is a favorite among owners and their four-legged friends so we always make sure it is in the best condition possible. Hope you'll come see us again soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

It's everything that I would except at a KOA. Clean, friendly and easy to find. I was pleasantly surprised that it was around a nice neighborhood; and that you could not hear any road noise from a highway.

• Stayed: October 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our campground is clean and the staff makes customer service their top priority. We hope you'll come see us again soon and enjoy the beautiful city of Bowling Green!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We rented a cabin with a bathroom, fire ring, picnic table, and a loft for 2 nights... The boys loved the loft, and we appreciated the mix of camping with the normal creature comforts...We brought our own linens (as instructed), pillows were provided for the bed.

Sleeping - One of the boys brought a cot, the other brought an inflatable mattress...They put these in the loft, and were quite satisfied... If you need to, you can rent inflatable mattresses from the office, but I can't comment on those because we did not choose that option... My husband slept on the futon in the livingroom...He said that it wasn't very comfortable for him, but he is 6'2 and weighs 280 pounds, so a smaller person might have a better experience...I slept on the bed, in the separate bedroom with my youngest son...We slept just fine.

Cooking - Some pots and pans are provided... In our cabin, someone had burned something in the stainless steel skillet (which I was able to scrub out), and also in a couple of porcelain coated pans (which I could not scrub out, no matter how hard I tried, so I gave up)...We used the skillet, and our own cookware/dinnerware, and did pretty well... The cooktop is one of those solid, flat black types with covered burners...Personally, I think they look great, but they aren't very practical for cooking...You have to be very careful not to mar them, and they are not easy to keep clean...We only used one front burner, and we were very careful, so we had no problems... We used the microwave and refrigerator to meet most of our food needs.

We brought duraflame firelogs for the campfire, and that worked well... I read that you can buy firewood at the campground, but we didn't do that... We did make use of the laundry facilities, they are limited, but very convenient.

Overall, we had a great time...The location is perfect with Basil Griffin Park right across the street...It's nice and shady...Our spot was quiet and serene... Check-in and check-out was quick and easy.

If you plan to rent one of these cabins, I would suggest that you bring cookware/dinnerware in addition to your linens, and if you go during a time of year that it might get chilly at night, you should think about bringing an electric space heater... The A/C worked fine during the daytime, but when the temperature dropped at night, we were glad that we packed extra blankets that we could pile on.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kat H

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave an honest review here on TripAdvisor as well as for posting numerous pictures of our campground. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We'll look into providing updated cookware and dishes for the cabins that need them replaced and we'll also look into adding space heaters for chilly nights. We want our guests to have a wonderful experience and reading reviews like yours really help us do that. Hope to see you again!