“Nice place”

Wingate by Wyndham Bowling Green
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Stayed here one night over Labor Day weekend. Room was clean and nice. Staff wasn't overly friendly, but not rude either. Pool and hot tub area looked nice but we didn't go in. Breakfast was the best Ive had at any hotel... a full hot breakfast! Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I've stayed at about three Sleep Inn's, two in North Carolina and this one in Bowling Green Kentucky. I like choice hotel's for their economy prices and clean, inviting rooms. The other two Sleep Inn's I have stayed at were clean comfortable, but for he most part, small and the bare minimum (when it comes to amenities) (however good for a one or two night stay)

I was pleasantly surprised upon my arrival at The Sleep Inn of Bowling Green. The lobby was very inviting and definitely did not feel like an economy hotel. We booked two connecting king rooms which were perfect at night (very sound-proof). These rooms were very spacious, with big bathrooms, granite counter tops and some of the most comfortable reclining chairs I have sat in. The refrigerators are not your typical "small hotel size" but nearly double, coupled with a microwave, and a small coffee maker that makes surprisingly good Colombian coffee. The continental breakfast was excellent (no economy breakfast).. just make sure you get there early!

This hotel appears pretty new, clean, and updated. However it could use a little TLC in some areas, especially the elevator which would hesitate to open and at times would get stuck for a few seconds. Also If internet is a necessity for you, the WiFi was very spotty (I actually got a Stronger WiFi signal from the Days Inn, the hotel next door) . Although the rooms were clean and updated, the rugs could definitely use a shampoo (there were quite a few stains and dirt spots). However every day when housekeeping came, they were not only extremely fast, but very thorough. Overall this is an incredible value for the money and I would definitely stay there again if I was in the Bowling Green area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This hotel first of all is in a very convenient location. It is right off of the main road that runs through Bowling Green, near the interstate, and there is a Cracker Barrel next door! It was really a great room for the money. We had no problems with the hotel at all. Everything was clean, plenty of parking, and the indoor pool was nice. The pool was not huge, but it was sufficient and our kids still had a blast in it! If visiting Bowling Green again, we wouldn't think twice to stay here again. The value of this hotel is great compared to some of the other area hotels!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2012

this hotel was a disapointment first for it being a new motel it looks like it has been around a while the carpets in the hall are dirty and looks like it wasnt stretched properly. the pool is VERY SMALL so if you intend on swimming dont choose here overcrowded pool. the free breakfast yuck! flattened not home cooked egg gross looking,waffles ok,trix yougurt,frootloop cereal english muffins and bread stale untasty doughnuts, juice tasted like water not much to choose from.the staff is nice and the bds were clean and comfortable but the PILLOWS ARE SMALL SQUARE THROW PILLOWS NOT A STANDARD SIZE WHATS UP WITH THAT DO THEY CUT THEM IN HALF TO SAVE MONEY LOL

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

If you want a comfortable bed, warning! This place has old beds! I ask if their beds were comfy prior to checking in. I was told, with an attitude from Megan, "yes.. I guess so..." I then told her that I needed good beds. when I arrived to the room, the toliet was used, trash in the trash can, bed bouncy but hard. When I askedto see another room she told me they were all the same and she was busy. when I then asked to see a manager/owner, she told me the closest thing I would get to speaking to an owner was the general manager AFTER the next morning. I have never been treated so rude before at a hotel. No wonder Tom and John are having a hard time financially with help like this. We own restaurants are a partners of a hotel chain. Shame on you Megan and Matthew for not handling appropriately and with the professionalism that this job requires. They still charged my credit card after she told me that she had checked us out. No attempt to even keep us there. We were there less than 15 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank 4ourking
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This Sleep Inn compares favorably to most of its kind. It's an older model, nicely kept.

Our two queen room was spacious and adequately furnished; one recliner and one desk chair that threatened to tip backwards if you weren't careful. We had an abundance of towels, coffee supplies, toiletries and paper and plastic cups. Every room has a microwave and fridge, I'm told - ours worked well and were very clean.

The lighting in the room was poor at night, due in a large part to the energy-saving bulbs which are undoubtedly superior but one bulb doesn't emit enough light to read by when placed in the one small bedside lamp between two beds.

The pool and hot tub area is very nice - the pool is "refreshing" (not heated) but the hours of 8 am to 10 pm are inconvenient and inflexible. The fitness room looked pretty well equipped.

Breakfast features scrambled egg, sausage links cut into thirds (I think it must be another economy thing) grits, fried apples, toast, bagels and pastries, cereal, beverages....and no Choice Hotel waffles! We survived without them but if you are desperate, there is a Denny's across the road and Waffle House around the corner.

There were no guest information books of any kind in the room but the manager told me (on the last of our four days) that the old books were outdated and shabby and new ones are on the way.

This hotel is doing what it must to survive in these tough economic times. The staff is friendly and very helpful and I definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were given a 2nd floor room at the back of the hotel (facing west into the afternoon and evening...