“Nice Place”

Wingate by Wyndham Bowling Green
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed 3 April 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel on March 29, 2008 for one night. It is located right off of the highway. The hotel is new and bright. The lobby was tastefully decorated with a modern decor. The rooms were clean enough, nothing fancy. The workers were nice and friendly. I loved the breakfast (eggs, sausage, biscuts and gravy etc.). They were always restocking items. There was not enough parking. There were many of places to eat within one mile of the hotel. All in all I would stay at this hotel for a night or two.

Stayed: March 2008
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Bowling Green

Reviewed 15 November 2007

We came to town for WKU's homecoming. We had a great stay. Staff was friendly and room was clean. I slept great...the bed and pillows were very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 November 2007

I knew this hotel was a winner from the moment I walked into the doors! As usual, I'm skeptical when I see photos of Hotels from their Websites, but the photos were completely accurate!! I'm a stickler for details and cleanliness and this hotel exceeded my expectations. Everywhere I looked, the color design was warm, welcoming, and classy.

The staff was friendly and caring. I wanted to book a non-smoking room, but all they had available was a smoking and a handicap room. The employee at the front desk took me to show me the smoking room first to see if it was ok for me to stay in. It smelled a little, but I went down the street to the dollar store to get some air freshner--problem solved!

The only compliant I have about the place is that there was a few small spots of sloppy construction. For instance, the carpet was bumpy by the entrance of my room and inside of the door. The carpet that went up to the door was not flush and a gap showed on the door. Other than that, this hotel was so cool and classy!! I'll stay here again if I'm in town!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank powermxpx
Reviewed 10 August 2007

We stayed at the Sleep Inn in Bowling Green on a trip to visit the Corvette Museum and Bowling Green Corvettte Assembly Plant. The motel is new and is a nice place to stay. The motel has an indoor pool and whirlpool. We liked both but the pool water was a bit cloudy. The breakfast included scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and sausages. There were also pastries, bagels, and cereals.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this property but I noticed a number of things that suggested some sloppiness on the part of construction crews. The tile work in the pool area seemed to be unfinished. The shower rod in the shower in our room was already sagging causing the shower curtain to slide open. I have noticed other postings on this site that also note shoddy work in very new motels. This is unfortunate. But, again, I will say that this was nice stay and I would recommend this property.

There are numerous places to eat. As a matter of fact, I would say that just about every known chain restaurant from McDonalds to Outback is found on Scottsvile Rd.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family