“Room needs proper maintenance”

Wingate by Wyndham Bowling Green
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed 23 August 2013

While good value at a $59/night rate, our room suffered from poor maintenance (presumably by the maid). Upon entering the room and turning on all the lights, it was evident that two light bulbs were not working, and a third bulb was missing. The front desk provided me with three new bulbs which I installed.

Room Tip: Our room rate of $59/night was "not eligible for partner rewards". Perhaps a larger room...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paradise-8

Reviewed 21 August 2013

After checking in and getting to bed for a 1 night stay, we found a bug in the bed that resembled a bedbug. I reported it to the front desk and was moved to another room. The new room had dead roches and crickets laying around. Since the time was late, we decided to put up with the conditions for that night. For the past 2 days we've been taking precautions to keep bedbugs out of our house.
The hotel did eliminate the charge for the night - not much consolation for the trouble.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rj R
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and i drive an 18 wheeler and often look for a nice place to stay once a week last night we found the best yet The Sleep Inn in Bowling Green Kentucky. The gentleman that checked us in very friendly and the young lady in breakfast room too done a beautiful job everything hot and fresh the overall experience was awesome We definitely recommend any one that wants a clean refreshing night to stop there .

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My family and I decided to spend a few days in Bowling Green as a family due to the busy summer we had up to this point. The hotel was easy to spot from the interstate. The check in process went smooth as silk. I was greeted as an Elite member due to my status with Choice Hotels. Our room was okay nothing really to brag about. The décor was a little out dated and the walls needed painting. The indoor pool and breakfast were okay. However, with the good deal that we received, we decided to stay. We left early one day and housekeeping forgot to clean our room. We were ferrous so my wife had a talk with management and straighten out everything. Due to my status and my wife chat with management we received two free nights. All in all this was a good family vacation. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We were just spending 1 night as we stopped to visit some family. Our room was nice & a beautiful bathroom. We never visited pool area so can't say how it was. Had breakfast in the morning before we checked out & it was really good. Had good selection of hot foods (biscuits, gravy, sausage, etc.). There were pastries, drinks, etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

The bathroom had dog poop in the floor an the room smelled like urine.I asked for a full refund and they charged my credit card any way.I called an talked to the manager an just got the run around from him.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Goodtimedud
Reviewed 9 June 2013

There on a bus tour on the 400 mile yard sale.Two buses and most left to go to another motel.I turn the covers down to discover someone had slept in my bed ,the sheets were wrinkled on one side only.I pull the pillow cases off to get clean sheets and cases and am going to change it myself the pillows looked like someone had peed on them with stains ALL 8 of them !!!! I go to get more and they say they do not have any more pillows,I take lots of sheets and cases to make me a pillow and clean sheets.The floor was filthy with dog dodo and pee stain,water behind the comode,some people on the buses had filthy shower curtains one turned his bedspread down and the covers were half way down in the bed where they didn't even bother pull them up.Another one had bugs in the bed,another one found dog dodo in the bathroom.I could go on but you get the message.Manager came in next day and did not ask tour guide how things went.Guess he was afraid to.

Room Tip: Don't Do It !
Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends