“Great value for this place.”

Sleep Inn Bowling Green
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Columbus, Ohio
“Great value for this place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed the night during a trip to Alabama. We stayed in a king bed with a jacuzzi tub. The tub was VERY roomy. The room was clean and the place was quiet. It met, if not exceeded, my expectations. ;)

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

With several hotels less than a mile away I would think they would step it up a bit. My biggest problem was with the male front desk clerk. He was very arrogant, argumentative, and rude. He didn't offer any info about the pool, breakfast hours, etc. Fortunately I am experienced with hotels so found this out quickly. There was absolutely no reason for him to be so rude. The elevator is extremely slow and every floor reeks of smoke. 2 out of the 3 of us are smokers and could barely deal with the odor. I saw several non smoking rooms near mine and I wouldn't blame those people for complaining. The only pillows available were about half the size of a normal pillow. The pool was decent along with the hot tub but we noticed there were never any pool towels around. One good note was the housekeeping lady was very friendly to us in the hallway as we were leaving. Other than that it was a rip off.

• Stayed September 2013

Travellers are raving about these Bowling Green hotels

Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

While good value at a $59/night rate, our room suffered from poor maintenance (presumably by the maid). Upon entering the room and turning on all the lights, it was evident that two light bulbs were not working, and a third bulb was missing. The front desk provided me with three new bulbs which I installed.

Room Tip: Our room rate of $59/night was "not eligible for partner rewards". Perhaps a larger room...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paradise-8
Cincinnati
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

After checking in and getting to bed for a 1 night stay, we found a bug in the bed that resembled a bedbug. I reported it to the front desk and was moved to another room. The new room had dead roches and crickets laying around. Since the time was late, we decided to put up with the conditions for that night. For the past 2 days we've been taking precautions to keep bedbugs out of our house.
The hotel did eliminate the charge for the night - not much consolation for the trouble.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rj R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and i drive an 18 wheeler and often look for a nice place to stay once a week last night we found the best yet The Sleep Inn in Bowling Green Kentucky. The gentleman that checked us in very friendly and the young lady in breakfast room too done a beautiful job everything hot and fresh the overall experience was awesome We definitely recommend any one that wants a clean refreshing night to stop there .

• Stayed August 2013
Kailua, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

My family and I decided to spend a few days in Bowling Green as a family due to the busy summer we had up to this point. The hotel was easy to spot from the interstate. The check in process went smooth as silk. I was greeted as an Elite member due to my status with Choice Hotels. Our room was okay nothing really to brag about. The décor was a little out dated and the walls needed painting. The indoor pool and breakfast were okay. However, with the good deal that we received, we decided to stay. We left early one day and housekeeping forgot to clean our room. We were ferrous so my wife had a talk with management and straighten out everything. Due to my status and my wife chat with management we received two free nights. All in all this was a good family vacation. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We were just spending 1 night as we stopped to visit some family. Our room was nice & a beautiful bathroom. We never visited pool area so can't say how it was. Had breakfast in the morning before we checked out & it was really good. Had good selection of hot foods (biscuits, gravy, sausage, etc.). There were pastries, drinks, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple