“Many positives, but one glaring negative”

Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Check-in was easy. Getting to my room was simple. The rooms are very spacious. The location is excellent for traveling to numerous sites in town. Many restaurants nearby, too.

The lone issue was finding a blood stain on the duvet. I didn't find the stain until late at night when I was preparing to go to sleep, and thankfully I was staying in a room with double beds. So as a solo traveler, I just slept in the other bed. However, linens with blood stains should be thrown out!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My family stayed three nights at this hotel. We could've stayed elsewhere cheaper, but uncertain that we'd get a room that family members with allergies (mold, cigarette, pets) could be comfortable. We were satisfied with out room and with our stay. The room was very roomy, clean and comfortable. Everyone slept well on the beds, extra pillows and a mattress made of cloud material.

Three of our party are coffee drinkers. The room had a one cup coffee maker and the coffee cabinet in the main lobby is only open in the morning. Most hotels I've stayed at usually have full coffee carafe's available throughout the day. No free continental breakfasts at this hotel. For $10.00 a head for breakfast, guests are within quick driving distance to multiple good eateries in the immediate area. The hotel is also located close to lots of good shopping destinations.

I would stay at this hotel again. Then again, if I found a clean hotel that offered a never ending fountain of flowing java and a free breakfast, I'd go there. If you're looking for a nice clean room with a wonderful sleeping bed, close to good eating and shopping ~ check in at the Holiday Inn University Plaza.

Room Tip: We reserved our rooms early in the week last week, paying around $120.00 per night. We found out af...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in November 2013 (long overdue in submitting my review). This hotel is so beautiful. I was here for a convention in the attached convention center. The room was clean and comfortable and quiet. Breakfast buffet, although not free, was well worth the money if you like a big breakfast with eggs, bacon, biscuits and potatoes. They will also make omelets and waffles. I never had to get out in the traffic and enjoyed my stay and convention. Well done!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just spent 4 nights at this property and strongly recommend it when visiting Bowling Green. Staff are extremely friendly. Room was huge and nicely appointed. Only negatives - no fridge or safe in room. Other than that it was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The beds were kinda on the firm side, and we had a room next to the elevator so we heard the noise but it is a very nice hotel. I think we may have been put in this room because we booked thru a website. The town of Bowling Green is really pretty. It was just a stop over stay, so didn't really use the hotel amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators they are kind of loud.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Thank GABE AND DARLEN... W
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice rooms,great atrium and friendly staff.I did not use all the amenities the hotel provided, indoor pool,restaurant bar,gift shop,shuttle.I did use the great business center that was well appointed with two super fast computers with two large monitors. I received a very good rate from Priceline but the hotel rates that I observed online are right in line with what hotel offers Would recommend

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Impressive interior with open center and waterfall inside the hotel. Nice lounge. Lots of space In dining area to visit. Great location near nicer restaurants in town. Easy access laundry area on each floor. Nice pool but no hot tub. Corner room king suite very spacious. Clean.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family