“Never again....”

Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed 2 August 2010

This was our 2nd stay in 3 months. The first time was tollerable, so therefore the 2nd stay......because you can't beat the price. I don't expect much for $42 a night, HOWEVER, I do expect clean. The trash cans were full, beer bottles on the table, bed was messed up, soap was used not wrapped, room had several flies, the carpet was so dirty it was black, there was DIRT between the bed and night stand, cobwebs in all corners, and had a terrible smell. This is part of the Choice Hotels, which can do much better than this place. For a few more dollars, I will go for clean. This place is horrible.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Executive Inn & Suites

Reviewed 15 July 2010

This is a budget hotel and it shows. The room was just your basic room, no frills. There was a fridge and microwave, but the fridge freezer had an almost complete ice block for never having been defrosted.

Breakfast was so basic we went next door to Hardies. Breakfast was a choice of bagles, two tired pastries, some cereal, coffee, and apple juice. Orange juice was marked out of order.

I would stay here again as it was really cheap, and for just a stopover on the way to the next place it is tolerable. But I would consider whether a few dollars more would buy much more. I would not recommend to a friend without telling them it is really basic.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2009

My husband and I decided to take a family vacation this year to celebrate his 60th birthday. We took our two sons, ages 25 & 17. We chose this hotel for a couple of reasons: location, price and what was supposedly an "indoor" pool. The pictures we viewed online seemed clean and inviting. Whoa, were we wrong!

When we arrived we were checked into two second floor rooms (outside entrances by the way) which ended up separated from each other (good thing our boys are older). When we first open our door to the room we got a blast of sickly sweet smell (what were they hiding?). The carpet look old and dirty, we discovered bugs in our room, no clock (luckily I had my cell phone for the time and alarm), no stopper in the sink, bathtub had mold. My sons' room the mini-fridges door fell off!, their toilet didn't work properly. AND the clincher of it all was that we discovered there was no working pool - meaning there was green scum all around it in the water and was outdoors with semi-enclosure over it. The temperature was a record 40 degrees in Bowling Green the weekend.

The continental breakfast is a joke at the Econo Lodge. We took one look at the cold cereal and went straight across the street to the Waffle House where there WAS good food and SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY!.

Also, there were plants growing in the rain gutters - good indication on how well this hotel is maintained. My advise do not stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2009

after livivng with my man for 10 years we got married and decided to stay in their whirlpool room/we have stayed several times a couple yrs ago and really like it/this trip turned out to be horrible-there were roaches-water bugs-pinchers and a bug between a pincher and roach/our grandson cried till 1 am wanting to go home/when we reserved the room we were told the pool was open-ha ha- it was green and been closed for a month[liars]/the lady who checked us in was very rude-hateful and a I DONT CARE attitude/when checking out we reported the problems and they said OK[what that mean?]/the tub took 2 hours to run water out that only covered the bottom/the potty was not screwed in the floor/the dresser drawers would not open/no coffee pot this trip/the door had to slam in order to shut and took 3 minutes to get in as the door would not open/the air thing was pulled up and we had to push it down to turn on the air////only 2 things good there[1] was the mattress was better than ours at home[2]was leaving/oh yea we found trash from some other people too

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2009

you know the saying: "you get what you pay for!" That's the criteria when looking for a room. The question to be asked... "is it in line the price you pay?"

For this EconoLodge, it is. Sure, it could be cleaner. Sure, it could have more amenities, like a coffeemaker in the room. Sure, it could have a better breakfast. Sure, sure, sure. But remember how much we pay... mine was a great price. All I ask for is a bed/couch, hot water, and internet connection... and this place had all those. Could have been a better bed, and a fancier showerhead, and an ethernet connection - instead of wireless, but then I would had to pay for those also.

Bottom line, it's definitely in line with what you pay, just like most every other place I stayed.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2009

This hotel is part of the Choice hotel Group (EconoLodge, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites), but not for long. At the rate the present owners are managing it. We found bugs in our room. The shower was very poor (showerhead) and little hot water. We ran out of towels and were told by the management they were out. To get ice you had to be at the machine at &am when they brought it. The pool was cold and they were adding water to it. The entire building needed painted and general up keep to it.It advertises wireless internet but it doesn't work.

I would not recommend to anyone else nor would I ever stay here again!!!

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 16 June 2008

We booked the Econo Lodge in January for the NHRA reunion in June. When we booked it all the hotels in the area were sold out except this hotel. Than when I googled earth the hotel I read awful reviews about this hotel and it scared me so much I almost canceled my trip. That's why I'm writing this review:
The hotel was fine, granted it's not a 5 star hotel, but it is no better or worse than other hotels I've stayed at. The room was not filthy it was clean and the staff was polite.
The hotel does have two draw backs. The pool is not the best because of the enclosure, which should probably be taken down to improve the pools appearence, however my kids did swim in the pool and had a good time. The other draw back was that it is right next to biker bar, with that being said I must say we did eat there and it wasn't that wild, it reminded me of a Hooters. Our room was on the other side of the hotel so I don't know if there were any problems with the bar at night.
All in all, I'm happy we didn't cancel our trip because everything was fine.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank micheled58