“Bed bugs and filth! Wish it had only been a nightmare, not the crude reality.”

Executive Inn & Suites
and 1 more site!
Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
spain
“Bed bugs and filth! Wish it had only been a nightmare, not the crude reality.”
Reviewed 2 January 2011

After unsuccesful attempts to reach Bowling Green Health Dept., let me vent my wrath here. Do not risk booking here. First, let me say of Choice Hotels, and this direct from them in a phone conversation, they DO NOT vet the hotels in their program nor set standards. It is simply a marketing scheme. We were attacked in bed in the wee hours by BEDBUGS (confirmed). My wife suffered a very bad histaminic reaction. The young lady at night desk tried to move us to another room (after I returned with emergency medication), and it was horrible: broken furniture, burns,etc -- most of all you should know that this property has no recognizable standards of hygiene. They cherish the sanctity of all life, and this includes blood-sucking, infectious vermin. We fled at 3 a.m. with the promise we would not be charged -- but lo and behold the charge appeared on my credit card bill. Shameful... or should I say, shameless.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Florres

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mears, MI & Palmetto, FL
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Pros: Good value compared to others in the area. Had frig and microwave, 27" TV with good picture. Not bad for 50 bucks
Cons: Rooms could use some updating

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 2 August 2010

This was our 2nd stay in 3 months. The first time was tollerable, so therefore the 2nd stay......because you can't beat the price. I don't expect much for $42 a night, HOWEVER, I do expect clean. The trash cans were full, beer bottles on the table, bed was messed up, soap was used not wrapped, room had several flies, the carpet was so dirty it was black, there was DIRT between the bed and night stand, cobwebs in all corners, and had a terrible smell. This is part of the Choice Hotels, which can do much better than this place. For a few more dollars, I will go for clean. This place is horrible.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Bowling Green hotels

Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2010

This is a budget hotel and it shows. The room was just your basic room, no frills. There was a fridge and microwave, but the fridge freezer had an almost complete ice block for never having been defrosted.

Breakfast was so basic we went next door to Hardies. Breakfast was a choice of bagles, two tired pastries, some cereal, coffee, and apple juice. Orange juice was marked out of order.

I would stay here again as it was really cheap, and for just a stopover on the way to the next place it is tolerable. But I would consider whether a few dollars more would buy much more. I would not recommend to a friend without telling them it is really basic.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 November 2009

My husband and I decided to take a family vacation this year to celebrate his 60th birthday. We took our two sons, ages 25 & 17. We chose this hotel for a couple of reasons: location, price and what was supposedly an "indoor" pool. The pictures we viewed online seemed clean and inviting. Whoa, were we wrong!

When we arrived we were checked into two second floor rooms (outside entrances by the way) which ended up separated from each other (good thing our boys are older). When we first open our door to the room we got a blast of sickly sweet smell (what were they hiding?). The carpet look old and dirty, we discovered bugs in our room, no clock (luckily I had my cell phone for the time and alarm), no stopper in the sink, bathtub had mold. My sons' room the mini-fridges door fell off!, their toilet didn't work properly. AND the clincher of it all was that we discovered there was no working pool - meaning there was green scum all around it in the water and was outdoors with semi-enclosure over it. The temperature was a record 40 degrees in Bowling Green the weekend.

The continental breakfast is a joke at the Econo Lodge. We took one look at the cold cereal and went straight across the street to the Waffle House where there WAS good food and SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY!.

Also, there were plants growing in the rain gutters - good indication on how well this hotel is maintained. My advise do not stay at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 October 2009

after livivng with my man for 10 years we got married and decided to stay in their whirlpool room/we have stayed several times a couple yrs ago and really like it/this trip turned out to be horrible-there were roaches-water bugs-pinchers and a bug between a pincher and roach/our grandson cried till 1 am wanting to go home/when we reserved the room we were told the pool was open-ha ha- it was green and been closed for a month[liars]/the lady who checked us in was very rude-hateful and a I DONT CARE attitude/when checking out we reported the problems and they said OK[what that mean?]/the tub took 2 hours to run water out that only covered the bottom/the potty was not screwed in the floor/the dresser drawers would not open/no coffee pot this trip/the door had to slam in order to shut and took 3 minutes to get in as the door would not open/the air thing was pulled up and we had to push it down to turn on the air////only 2 things good there[1] was the mattress was better than ours at home[2]was leaving/oh yea we found trash from some other people too

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Osceola, AR
Reviewed 17 September 2009

you know the saying: "you get what you pay for!" That's the criteria when looking for a room. The question to be asked... "is it in line the price you pay?"

For this EconoLodge, it is. Sure, it could be cleaner. Sure, it could have more amenities, like a coffeemaker in the room. Sure, it could have a better breakfast. Sure, sure, sure. But remember how much we pay... mine was a great price. All I ask for is a bed/couch, hot water, and internet connection... and this place had all those. Could have been a better bed, and a fancier showerhead, and an ethernet connection - instead of wireless, but then I would had to pay for those also.

Bottom line, it's definitely in line with what you pay, just like most every other place I stayed.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo