“Nice Clean place to spend the night”

Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brooks
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stopped and stayed late August Labor Day weekend. Made reservations online with their website. Check in was quick and easy. Room is average with the following amenities. Microwave, small refrigerator, HD TV, Internet access, safe, clean shower, desk, chair, and nice bed. The morning breakfast is normal with cereal , hard boiled eggs, muffins etc. The motel also has a lovely pool and small exercise room with some equipment. Would stay again if the opportunity presented itself.

Room Tip: Not really
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
FOM_BI_Brooks, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your stay at Baymont Inn in Brooks, Kentucky! I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and also took the time to share pictures of our property. We do in fact have many wonderful amenities to make our guest's stay more comfortable and convenient, with more improvements happening each day! If you find yourself in our area again, please do stop by and take advantage of our indoor heated pool area.
-Billie C

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65

Reviewed 21 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Larry Y
FOM_BI_Brooks, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at the Baymont for one night on a recent trip to Louisville. Because the PGA golf tournament was in town, there were very few hotels left to choose from and those that were left were charging exorbitant rates. I was a little leery due to so many negative reviews, but this hotel was one of the few under $100 that was above a 2 star rating. The location was great, right off Brooks Rd., which was very convenient for us. We stayed on the second floor and there was no elevator. We didn't have a lot of stuff to carry, but its still an inconvenience. The second floor was "non smoking"; however, the hallway had a strong odor of smoke. When we pulled up later that night, there were two different individuals smoking out of open windows on the second floor, which is probably why the entire floor reeked. It was a quick stay, so we did not take advantage of any amenities like the free breakfast or pool. The room was dated, with visible signs of aging; however, it was clean. The room itself was spacious and had a very cold fridge. The bed was comfortable, and we slept well. I did notice that there was an issue with an outlet in that when you turned the light switch off, the outlet stopped working. We found this out because our phone didn't charge. Overall, it was about what you would expect for a 2.5 star hotel. Not stellar, but not bad either.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
FOM_BI_Brooks, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Baymont Inn in Brooks, KY and also for taking the time to leave a review about your experience. By doing so you are helping give us hotel employees valuable feedback, and our future guests appreciate you sharing your experience as well.

I am happy to hear you found our rates to be fair and we provided good value for the money, even during a major city-wide event. As for the smoke odor in the second floor hallway, there are actually 10 smoking rooms on this floor at the North end of the building. Our staff regularly uses smoke-odor deodorizer in the hallways to help keep them smelling fresh, but unfortunately if there are heavy/inconsiderate smokers staying with us we can't control the odor as well as we would like. I will follow up with staff to ensure they are deodorizing the hallways more frequently and keep an eye out for anyone smoking where they shouldn't be.

I'm glad you had many positive things to say about our guest rooms. We take pride in having clean, spacious rooms for our guests and comfortable beds to provide a good night's sleep. We are constantly working to make improvements to our property, including renovations scheduled for the coming months to update our guest rooms. I appreciate you mentioning the issue with the light switch controlling the wall outlet- I will speak with the head of our Maintenance Department and seek a solution.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Louisville during the PGA Tournament and look forward to hosting you again if you return to our area in the future!
-Billie C.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Evelyn T

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This location is just 10 or 11 miles from the Louisville Fair and Expo Center and it's an easy trip straight up I-65.

Check-in was very easy and the girl was very helpful and friendly and they also had cookies at the front desk. They have a pool and fitness room, and while we didn’t use either, the pool looked very clean and inviting.
`
Our room was clean, had one queen size bed, a desk with nice swivel chair, and a flat screen T.V. Our room did not have a microwave or refrigerator, but there was an iron, ironing board, and a blow dryer in the nice sized bathroom.

For easy room access there are multiple entrances on the front and rear of the motel you can open with your room card.... this is much more convenient than motels where the only access is through the front lobby.

Breakfast is pretty basic with no eggs or waffle makers, but they do have tasty biscuits and sausage gravy (hint: microwave the biscuit before putting on the gravy). Other items that I can remember are the typical cereals, juice, yogurt, pastries, breads (there is a toaster), toaster waffles, and of course milk (2% and non-fat) and coffee. Oh, and I lied about the eggs, they do have hard boiled eggs.

The motel is close to gas stations, and for food there is a Waffle House, Burger King, Cracker Barrel, Subway, Arby's, and a Tumbleweed at this same exit.

I guess we could point out a few other very picky items, but for the price and location this is a nice stay and we would not hesitate to stop here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your stay here at the Baymont Inn in Brooks, Kentucky! I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to have a convenient location with helpful & friendly staff and clean & convenient rooms. Next time you're in need of a hotel in the Louisville area, stop on by and try out our refreshing indoor pool! We would love to host your family again during your future travels.
-Billie C.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
FOM_BI_Brooks, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Reviewed 10 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steeltuf
FOM_BI_Brooks, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooks
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Brooks
Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Best Western Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
#2 of 8 in Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hillview

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65? Share your experiences!