“Sad little hotel.”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brooks
Fort Riley
“Sad little hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

I found that this did not live up to the Choice Hotel brand. I travel a lot for work and use a lot of choice hotels. The owners were very nice, but the rooms were dreary. I think the hotel is expensive for what it is and they should lower their prices.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

Employees are very friendly and accommodating!
Rooms were clean and smelled so good (febreeze good), beds were comfy. Breakfast was tasty, with choice of waffles, cereal, muffins and doughnuts, and a few other simple goodies.
Only downfall, the pool is small.
But will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

Over all this is a good hotel. There is nothing spectacular about it but it's nice to find a decent place to to stay after a LONG day of driving. Staff friendly, room and bathroom clean and price was right at our price range.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

I am a repeat customer! I give this 4 stars instead of three because of the value for the money. The hotel is quiet and clean and one of the few I've seen with 3 queen beds in a room. The location was great for us, just a few minutes from Louisville and Southern Indiana. It felt like a safe place to stay. The staff seemed professional. The breakfast is not the best I've seen, but not the worst either. The donuts were good. The Internet was inconsistent. It was better some nights than others. I will probably stay here again if I return to the area.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Norwood, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I'm giving this Quality Inn a 3 instead of 2 because I didn't consider it poor, but would rate it only a fair. I choose it mostly because of price and reviews. We needed 2 rooms because we were staying overnight for a family funeral. With my AAA discount, I got the King room for $62 + tax and the 2 Queen room for $67 + tax. It was extremely close to where we needed to be and I used my choice members club for added points. Don't think I'll be staying at any Choice hotels again for a while. This is the 2nd time this year I've done it to save money and get points and I keep being disappointed. We had a King bed with a flatscreen TV, a refrigerator and microwave. The hotel is very dated and in need of a makeover! I found many stains on the carpet, furniture and bedding. They desperately need to get new mattresses. Also if you flushed the toilet it wouldn't stop flushing for almost 2 full minutes which after a while made us laugh. The Queen room was apparently a handicap room(which I did not request) with no extras such as refrigerator or microwave. Not sure why my room had these, but the other didn't. The breakfast was okay, at best. It had a very limited selection. In all fairness, the rest of my group didn't feel as strongly as I did and thought our hotel was fine. After seeing all of the good reviews this year I decided to go with this hotel instead of Baymont Inn, but it may have not been much better. I think I'm learning that if I go cheap then this is what I'm going to get.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

While on a trip, I needed a quick overnight stop. I pulled into this location without any opportunity to research. At first glance it appeared to be a safe place and was only a block or so off of the interstate, so very convenient. I arrived very late but found the clerk awake and alert. The lobby seemed very clean and fresh - I would not be surprised if this was not a new facility.

Once in the room, it also appeared very clean and fresh. I even took a glance at some of the places that are usually neglected in cleaning and they were all very clean. The room was quiet, though in the morning I could hear doors slamming in the hallway. The air conditioning was reasonably effective, the bed comfortable, but the pillows were quite soft and I wished I had my own with me.

The bathroom was clean and well appointed though the water pressure was less than I'm used to even with the mandatory water-saving outlets that are in use now.

So the things I look for: safety, cleanliness, and comfort - are all acceptable for this hotel, at least on short examination.

Internet access here was not easy and in fact, I was not able to get connected. I was able to get access to the hotel but nothing that I could do in the short time I had enabled me to get access through the hotel server to the internet. There was a long distance number to an internet service provider that I found in the information notebook but I did not have the time or inclination to follow it up during my short stay.

All in all, I was satisfied with the hotel given the time I had to experience it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I also stayed here during the 2012 Kentucky Derby weekend and was shocked by the state of our room. The carpet was ripped and had cigarette burns, the couch also had cigarette burns and, when pulling out the sofa bed, had large amounts of long, black hair (had obviously not been cleaned or washed). I'm not sure if the room had even been cleaned. I understand this is not a five star hotel but it being Derby weekend the room was nearly $300 per night. I expected better.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Matthew K

Travellers are raving about these Brooks hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooks
Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
BEST WESTERN Shepherdsville
BEST WESTERN Shepherdsville
#2 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
#3 of 9 in Shepherdsville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!