“oh my god”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Khao Thong
Gillhams Fishing Resorts
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Khao Thong
Reviewed 2 January 2013

visited this place for 2 days in December but only on a day ticket it was a fifties t birthday treat and what a treat it was we were picked up in aonang and taken to the resort from the moment you arrive you realize that you are somewhere special this place is no ordinary fishing resort if you are an angler like we are i don't think you will find a better place to fish me my 2 sons and my friend managed to catch an impressive 14 fish i personally managed 2 Siamese carp to 85 ponds and 2 Mekong cats to 195 pounds and until you have hooked one of these well i cant really describe tthe power just type in gillhams into to google and have a look. just wish we had stayed but that's
for another trip sooner rather than later thanks to stuart lake owner all the staff huge thanks to simmo and also managed to meet fishing legend ron buss what a gent oh and be prepared to get very wet

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank stuonefish
There are newer reviews for Gillhams Fishing Resorts

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Just stayed 2 and fished 2 days at Gillham's and wish I could have extended my stay! Fishing was good (4 good-sized fish), and the guides were extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The clinchers for me were how well they took care of the fish, first rate equipment, and the excellent wi-fi access all around the lake.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frostedmirror
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I arranged for my husband to go for a days fishing while we were staying in Ao Nang and Stuart (the owner) said I could go to and use their facilities including the infinity pool.
I had warned Stuart in advance that my husband was the most unluckiest fisherman on the planet and he pulled out all the stops to help him catch that elusive big fish.
Stuart arranged for us to be picked up and dropped off in Ao Nang and we had a wonderful ride through the countryside to the resort. And what a resort it was. Spectacular, serene, stunning, I would really recomment any non anglers to go for the day. Absolutely wonderful place to relax totally.
The lakes were very large and big fish were being caught all the all day. They don't have a lot of anglers there so there is plenty of space around the lake and a great sense of cameraderie amongst the staff and the anglers.
There is quite a large range of fish stocked and I would recommed a visit to Gillhams website to find out more.
The food was wonderful home cooked food by Becky Yummy steak and Kidney pudding MMMMM
Stuart, his family and their staff are fantastic and are so very friendly to everyone, you are very quickly made to feel at home.
We went back for another day while we were there and yes my husband caught the big one 110lb Cat fish with a lot of help and patience from Geoff.
Would I choose to go back to Thailand.....probably not....would I go back to Gillhams..definately. In fact we are looking into staying there for our holiday next year.
Thank you to all at Gillhams for such a wonderful time and we hope to see you all soon

Room Tip: all te bungalows are wonderful
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank monkeyhanger19
Reviewed 14 November 2012

What a great place, people so friendly. fishing guides the greates, pool to relax after(you will need it after you catch a megong). beutiful setting, great for me and the wife who does not fish, every one so helpful. ended up the hihlight of my 21 day Thailsnd trip, if you love to fish give it a go, i will return the big one awaits me. caught fish up tp 300lb, so cool, listen to guides they help so much, words can not explain what you get. the addrenalin rush when your line takes off.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank andrewbhook
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Just stayed 10 nights at Gillham's and could not have been happier. Thank you Stuart, Sean, and the rest of the crew for all your help. Best place in the world for an opportunity to catch (and photograph) your favorite big fish. Arapaima, giant Siamese carp, Mekong catfish to name just a few. 48+ species, several over 100lbs, and a few world records all at one location. Scenery, food, staff, and accommodation all excellent. Free wi-fi. And only a few kms to some of the most beautiful beaches in the planet. Spend a few minutes on the website to learn about the resort, amenities, fishing guidelines, species, etc. If you enjoy fishing, come to Gillhams!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but spend some time on the website to learn about the resort. You'll get a s...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Zeb H
Reviewed 15 September 2012

i visited the resort recently for an afternoon w/friends who live nearby, and i must say that
it is in an absolutely stunning location, lush native tropical greenery everywhere,
surrounded by the bizarre limestone "karsts" for which Krabi & Phrang Nga province are
famous for...
the owner, son & daughter each came to talk with us; we also talked w/several guests,
who all agreed as to certain specifics:
1) for a fisherman, this is paradise...
2) the setting is idyllic
3) the pool is great
4) the restaurant's food is delicious
5) the hosts & staff are gregarious, knowledgeable & ever-helpful
6) the room interiors are a bit "faded" -i looked at several- ***
(but the setting, again, is beautiful, so a trade-off???)
7) even w/other families around, not really a lot for the youngsters to "do" ***
8) a bit far away from anywhere else in Krabi & Ao Nang ***

*** (these points are why i gave it "very good" & not "excellent")

i'd say, stay a night or 2 (or just go for a day of fishing), then proceed to
Ao Nang, Railay, Krabi town, Koh Lanta, Phrang Nga Bay, etc...
in short, this resort is definitely worth checking out, even if only for the day...

Room Tip: all rooms are ok (not great); don't expect luxury (however, rather pricey!!!); but very quaint...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank jenifer d
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We have just spent the most enjoyable and memorable week at Gillhams.

My husband and 13 year old son are both keen fishermen, I am a keen reader and sunbather!!
All our needs were met here, plenty of loungers and a fantastic pool for me and the most amazing fishing ever for the boys.

The accomodation worked well for us, two bed rooms and shower and lovely verandah.

The surroundings are exceptional and are only beaten by the quality of the fish and the fishing. Having said that the professionalism, enthusiasm and skill of the team is what really stands out both on the fishing and non fishing sides. Whilst we worked mostly with Lee (who is an absolute star) we also had the pleasure of spending time with Joel, Chris and Steve who are all great lads and all of whom contributed in some way to our stay and success.
The food was fantastic, the best Thai food we had all of our trip.
What you have achieved is quite extraordinary and exceptional and cannot be faulted.
We can’t wait to come back and we are already looking forward to it, we just need to work out when we can return now!

Thanks again

Thalane Home Bed and Breakfast
The Nature Home Krabi
The Nature Home Krabi
#2 of 4 in Khao Thong

Been to Gillhams Fishing Resorts? Share your experiences!