“Pretty sure i will be back!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Khao Thong
Gillhams Fishing Resorts
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Khao Thong
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Pretty sure i will be back!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Loved it - beautiful locations and stunning grounds taht are so well looked after. I fished here for an afternoon and morning staying just one night and now wish it had been for much longer. But one night was all the girlfiend would allow. although once she has seen it she was happy to stay for much longer (result) I had a coupkle of runs catching my own PB (freshwater) a siamese carp of 35 - 40lb - stunning condition and oh what a fight. I then go a bit of "fish envy" when the guy next to me pulled in (after 1.25 hour fight a 180lb mekong catfish - I will return for my own.

Also top breakfast with real bacon mmmmm

Lovely stay and great service = prices are a little high for food and drink but hey ho!

My only real suggestion for improvement would be softer matresses of some toppers as beds fairl hard for my tatse

Thanks all

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChuggsSwindon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2013

what an amazing place, spent 3 days fishing here and loved every minute. the resort is second to none! i caught some of the biggest fish of my life in the most beautiful surroundings. the staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for them, they would wait on you at your swim delivering food and drink whenever wanted!
John my guide did everything in his power to put me on the fish and his passion for fishing and gillhams was awsome! he seemed almost as happy for me with the fish i caught as i was!
over the 3 days i caught 5 fish of 4 species and lost 4 more! my biggest a 65lb siamese carp is fairly average of the place but was the biggest fish i have caught in 23 years of fishing! i will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shaun p
essex england
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Stayed at Gillham's Fishing Resort from 11-18 January, During a 3 week holiday in Thailand.
This resort is siimply outstanding for fishing or relaxing.
Stuart, his family and all the staff go out of their way to make sure you have a great tiime.
I can honestly say I would count this as one of our best holidays, we made lots of new
friends who we will be keeping in touch with in the future and we all intend to go back as a
group next year to Gillhams.
The guides are total professionals who really care about the fish, Joel and Chris and a
special thank you to Geoff who had to put up with a lot of ribbing being a northener as
we were all from London and the south. He really made our holiday and we all never stopped laughing.
The Food is great, whether you want Thai, English or even Indian.
Accommodation is simple but adequate, our lodge was right next to the pool
The views and scenery are to die for.
We will definitely be going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gillianlevy296
hertfordshire
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

We have just finished a weeks holiday at Gillhams, our second there and certainly not our last !

My husband caught some real monsters and was thrilled to have landed a 108lb Siamese carp as his first catch of holiday.

I can't recommend Gillhams highly enough, if your a non fisherman like myself I can honestly say you will still enjoy it. There's a lovely pool to relax around, and Stu will gladly arrange taxis or day trips for you as well.

The guides are a good bunch , and we had a couple of good nights out with them all, especially New Year's Eve in Ao Nang.

You won't be dissapointed !

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank joboanna
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2013

visited this place for 2 days in December but only on a day ticket it was a fifties t birthday treat and what a treat it was we were picked up in aonang and taken to the resort from the moment you arrive you realize that you are somewhere special this place is no ordinary fishing resort if you are an angler like we are i don't think you will find a better place to fish me my 2 sons and my friend managed to catch an impressive 14 fish i personally managed 2 Siamese carp to 85 ponds and 2 Mekong cats to 195 pounds and until you have hooked one of these well i cant really describe tthe power just type in gillhams into to google and have a look. just wish we had stayed but that's
for another trip sooner rather than later thanks to stuart lake owner all the staff huge thanks to simmo and also managed to meet fishing legend ron buss what a gent oh and be prepared to get very wet

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank stuonefish
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Just stayed 2 and fished 2 days at Gillham's and wish I could have extended my stay! Fishing was good (4 good-sized fish), and the guides were extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The clinchers for me were how well they took care of the fish, first rate equipment, and the excellent wi-fi access all around the lake.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frostedmirror
hartlepool
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I arranged for my husband to go for a days fishing while we were staying in Ao Nang and Stuart (the owner) said I could go to and use their facilities including the infinity pool.
I had warned Stuart in advance that my husband was the most unluckiest fisherman on the planet and he pulled out all the stops to help him catch that elusive big fish.
Stuart arranged for us to be picked up and dropped off in Ao Nang and we had a wonderful ride through the countryside to the resort. And what a resort it was. Spectacular, serene, stunning, I would really recomment any non anglers to go for the day. Absolutely wonderful place to relax totally.
The lakes were very large and big fish were being caught all the all day. They don't have a lot of anglers there so there is plenty of space around the lake and a great sense of cameraderie amongst the staff and the anglers.
There is quite a large range of fish stocked and I would recommed a visit to Gillhams website to find out more.
The food was wonderful home cooked food by Becky Yummy steak and Kidney pudding MMMMM
Stuart, his family and their staff are fantastic and are so very friendly to everyone, you are very quickly made to feel at home.
We went back for another day while we were there and yes my husband caught the big one 110lb Cat fish with a lot of help and patience from Geoff.
Would I choose to go back to Thailand.....probably not....would I go back to Gillhams..definately. In fact we are looking into staying there for our holiday next year.
Thank you to all at Gillhams for such a wonderful time and we hope to see you all soon

Room Tip: all te bungalows are wonderful