We (couple in our 20s) visited Ollie's secluded paradise on a stopover to Krabi for two nights..
- The location is beautiful. You're in the middle of nowhere, sharing the great outdoors with chickens, bats, monkeys, frogs and crabs! And after a week in Bangkok and Phuket, all you'd want to do is lie in a hammock and listen to the wind blow through the trees. Mmmmmm.
- We had a bamboo bungalow, it has the absolute basics, but nicely maintained!
- The communal area is a great idea, you can help yourself to drinks or snacks and there's an honesty book where you write what you've taken, and Ollie adds it up at the end of the stay. Also, his staff cook a wonderful meal every night and everybody sits down together and gets to know each other, such a great idea!
- The beach isn't actually a beach, it's more of a mudflat/wetland, so don't expect to build any sandcastles.
- Very little to actually do, unless you want to spend money, which leads me to....
- Bring cash! Lots of it, there's no ATMs, and paying for the food, on top of hiring scooters, bikes and organising trips quickly adds up.
- DO NOT trust the taxi drivers who claim they know "exactly" where this place is - trust me, they don't. Make sure you book a taxi through Ollie.
It's a great place for a two night stopover, just make sure you hire a scooter and go exploring!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Bananas Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.