“Dirty rooms are never acceptable!”
Review of Villager Resort

Villager Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burnside
Villager Resort
Bozeman, Montana
“Dirty rooms are never acceptable!”
Reviewed 28 August 2009

The grounds were nice, as was the pool and pavilion area. But then you have to enter your cabin! The smell hits you first and it isn't a good one. I have stayed all over the world, and this is the dirtiest cabin I have stayed in. It might be allowed in some countries, but NOT in america, where we have access to cleaning supplies. I don't even want to think what might have been hiding in the carpets. I have 3 children and I would not let them take their shoes off. 2 burners didn't work on my stove and I did alot of cooking. The pots provided were also encrusted with rust and were unusable........should not have even been placed in the room. I spent about 30 minutes cleaning the coffee pot before we could use it.........it was filthy.
The hours on the office said they were open but we never could find anyone, and this went on for 4 days.........it was really bad, especially for a place this size. We are not talking about 4 little rentals, this is a large place.
I also do not think you should have to pay for rides up and down the "elevator" to the lake. It is a very hard hike for anyone not in good shape, or carrying alot.
We were also told our cabins were "on the lake" and you could not see the lake from where we were. We were up 10 stories above and enshrouded in woods.
There were alot of drinking men in their 20's at the pool starting at 11am, that put off the families with children..........they did seem to be "friends", or associated with the place..........not very attractive or professional.
I have no problems with a place being pet friendly and smoker friendly, as I am a pet owner. But I do believe some units should be SET ASIDE for pet AND smokers.........leaving the better for those who choose NOT to have this resadue left in their rooms.
They had a "fitness room" although some of the equipment didn't work.
This place did not seem to pay attention to the details or take pride in keeping things up. I just expect clean.........that's all.
We will be back to the area, I suspect, but not the villager.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
mfourman, Owner at Villager Resort, responded to this review, 22 September 2010
Most of this review is so falsely overexagerated it's almost funny. Again, the guest never approached us with any complaints while they were here and yes we are in or around the office. If we happen to not be in the office there is a phone right by the office door with a very visible sign instructing guests to call us 24-7 for assistance as we live right here on site. Instead, this guest chooses to slander our resort via the privacy of their own home through a public site.
As stated in the review from 2010, the tram is coin operated so kid's cannot ride it unattended.
We never advertise our cottages as being "on the lake" as we know they are not. We advertise some of them as being "on the lakeside" and explain that they sit up above the lake as does everything on Lake Cumberland.
As far as guests drinking at the pool, yes guests do drink at the pool, that's part of vacationing for some people. If guests were so intoxicated that it was a disruption for others, again we should have been informed, but we were not. Do not go making false accusations that "they seemed to be friends or associated with the place" when you do not know for a fact!
Again, this guest did not feel he could approach us with their problems and give us a chance to rectify them privately. They choose to go home and publicly slander an establishment, just because they can.

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chardon, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2009

My family and I reserved and stayed in 4 cottages at this resort for my parents 50th anniversary. The pool was nice and the dock area was nice. That's pretty much the only positives to this place. The cottages were NOT clean! The furniture was iffy at best and the carpets smelled both of smoke and pet urine. Additionally, this place gouges you for everything else you want to do there. The resort is up on a hill, so there's a very steep climb to get down to the dock. They advertise that they have a lift elevator which will transport you down to the dock (necessary if you are carrying a bunch of stuff for a day's boating). What they don't advertise is that they charge you each way for each time you use the elevator. And the elevator only goes about a third of the way down - not bad if you're just walking it, but a real pain if you are lugging equipment up and down. The other thing that really was annoying is that the staff was NEVER anywhere to be found when you needed them. They have a sign posted in their office saying the office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm but no one was ever there - we tried a number of times on different days only to find the lights off and the office door locked. Of course, when it came time for us to leave (and subsequently pay for our time there), the office was open bright and early! They even came out to bug my parents about when they were going to "pay up" (even after I'd told them we were all paying before we left). It was quite irritating that the staff could not be found during the week but when it came time to give them money, they were suddenly quite available. The other thing that was quite irritating was that several of the yard crew would spend their afternoons hanging out at the pool, drinking beer and leering at the girls/women in their bathing suits. My nieces finally got so uncomfortable that they left the pool area. Definitely, NOT the kind of atmosphere you want to create for a "family" resort. Simply put, I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
mfourman, Owner at Villager Resort, responded to this review, 22 September 2010
This review was written by a member of the same family that wrote the "dirty rooms are never acceptable" review. If you notice the complaints are pretty much the same and my response is pretty much the same. We were never approached by the guests of any complaints.
I would however, like to comment on, once again, a false accusation written in this review that our "yard crew would spend their afternoons hanging out at the pool, drinking beer and leering at the girls/women in their bathing suits". Well, we have no "yard crew", my husband and I take care of the grounds and the office and I know for a fact that we were not hanging at the pool, drinking beer and looking at the girls in bathing suits. So before you go publicaly printing something that you think you might know, you'd better get your facts straight!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnside
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 11 in Somerset
Hampton Inn Somerset
Hampton Inn Somerset
#1 of 11 in Somerset
Eagles View Bed & Breakfast

Been to Villager Resort? Share your experiences!