“Great Service, Clean Place----and cheap!”

Super 8 Campbellsville KY
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Campbellsville
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I started staying at this place several months back for business----a day here, a day there. I keep coming back because it is one of the very few clean AND affordible places. There's a indoor hot tub and pool-----good for the arthritus. The manager---Sam---is always extremely friendly. Such an attitude is becoming more scarce every year I travel the country----unless you are spending quite a bit more money. Even better---they recently got a better cable provider and they now have more tv stations then previous.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 September 2011

I checked in today, went to the room and checked out! The people at the front desk were very nice, but the room was very dirty. Old furniture, not antique, just old, cheap furniture. The bedspreads were from the 70's and probably hadn't been washed since then. The mattresses were really dirty and there were crumbs & junk all under the bed. The curtain had holes all in it as if something had been chewing away at it.

I had read previous reviews and thought I'd give it a try, but once I saw it with my own eyes, I knew I couldn't stay there. I couldn't get out of there fast enough & felt like I needed to shower. They did give me a refund and I went straight to the Holiday Inn Express where it was very, very clean.

As for the people who stayed there earlier this month, I'm wondering if they were in another town or blind because this place is GROSS!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CUmom_15
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here on Sept 9 - 11th as we were attending a family reunion in the Campbellsville, KY area.

The room that we stayed in was nice but simple, and even had a mini fridge and microwave, which we didn't use. Everything was clean.

I was very impressed with the management of this motel. They were always sweeping up and cleaning the place every time that I was outside the room. The General Manager, Ajit Shah, went out of his way to make us feel welcome. Before arriving, we had asked for a room, away from noise and other people...done. As others stated, he made us waffles for breakfast and brought them to our table. When we were on our way to our reunion, my wife wanted to buy a few beers to take, but he told us that we would have to go out of the county to buy them, so instead of us having to do that, he just gave us some!

I have stayed in many fine, upper class hotels around the world, but have never had any of those places give us quite the attention paid to us from the staff here. We don't usually stay in Super 8's, but everything else seemed to be booked or outrageously priced in the area. For the excellent price and the hospitality given, you can't beat it!

All that I can say is that our stay at the Super 8 in Campbellsville was above and beyond our expectations!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The Indoor Pool ans Spa was small but very nice.
The rooms were very clean.

Best about the place is the very friendly and supportive staff.

They even backed us waffles in the morning!

Definitly stay there again on our next trip to Campbellsville.

We checked out late and even that was no problem.

Nice Table and Seating in front of the Motel, we played Monopoly there.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I spent five nights at Super 8 Motel, this is my usual stop when I am visiting Campbellsville. The staff and ownership has changed over the years but the service is always great. It was a nice, quiet, and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Despite the friendliness of the manager, I cannot rate this motel any higher after waking up and finding bed bugs in the bed. The manager moved us to another room but I did not sleep at all the rest of the night for imagining I felt something crawling on me and having to turn on the light to check. I will have nightmares about this.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank baseballm0m03
AJITRSHAH, General Manager at Super 8 Campbellsville KY, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Hello,
After receiving concern our house keeping staff cleaned the room throughly with special kind of cleaning supply to prevent any spread. Very next day we called our pest control person. He took all kind of preventive measures & for safe side he sanitized the room. We take all kinds of action to provide comfort to our valued guests.

Reviewed 7 February 2011

I have had the chance to say at this hotel several times now. The staff (esp SAM) are always friendly and very accommodating. They even help me carry my books and luggage in from my car! As far as the rooms go, they are very spacious and equipped with everything I need for a smooth morning...ie; hairdryer, coffee, and the weather channel :)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbellsville
Holiday Inn Express Campbellsville
#1 of 5 in Campbellsville
Best Western Columbia
Best Western Columbia
#1 of 2 in Columbia

Been to Super 8 Campbellsville KY? Share your experiences!