“What I expected...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Campbellsville
chicago
“What I expected...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

We stayed at the HI Campbellsville over Thanksgiving this year. I traveled with my grandfather, husband, and 4 year old. I reserved 2 rooms and requested to be near one another and called a coupel of days ahead of time and they gave us rooms across the hall so that worked out fine.

My husband, son and I had the Jacuzzi Suite, it was large and the couch folded out to a bed for our son. The bedroom with jacuzzi is open to the living room area so not a lot of privacy so the Jacuzzi went unused except for bathtime for the little guy- which he thought was great.

The bathroom was average The hotel was clean, the service was good, staff friendly. The complimentary breakfast was good for the most part. juices, coffee, milk eggs, bacon or sausage, cereals, muffins, breads and they had a pancake maker which was nice. Oh, the biscuits and gravy were not very good for being in the south but my Aunt makes the best I've ever had so I might be a bit tough on that one. One of the days we were there there was a basketball team staying and they monopolized the breakfast area and there was a wait for the breakfast to be refilled but other days was fine.

The indoor pool and Hot tub area were well maintained and We enjoyed that area and used it as much as possible.

The internet or computer area was not very good. Fortunately, I didnt need to use it. My Husband used it once and it was very slow. Also there was a note about a 30 minute limit.

There were complimentary newspapers in the morning, fruit near the front desk.

overall, it was an enjoyable stay and this was in a better location for us that the Best Western in town that we stayed at a few years ago. The prices were a bit higher but it had a fresher feel to it and it was much closer to shopping and restaurants. The service was very good.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Suites are very large and great for couples
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank newtoy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

I went for training at Amazon.com and stayed there for 3 weeks. The staff was friendly and place was sparkling clean. Enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. They have fitness center, but I dint use it. Breakfast was great with meat, eggs and the works. I really enjoyed the auto pancake machine I have never seen before. Just push a button and get ready to catch the pancake in your plate on the right. I heard that the place is under new ownership and they just added refrigirators and microwaves in all rooms. They added in my room with permission during my stay. Anyway, I was well pleased with the stay and it turned out to be home away from home. Whatever I needed or had questions, the staff was always there to help. Wi-Fi worked great but had to get new code every few days from them.

Room Tip: business king rooms have a bar sink, ref and micro
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Ashok B
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

My room was spacious and very clean. I liked that my room had a printed TV station guide. It's amazing how many places don't. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately their fitness center is tiny. It only had three pieces of equipment, one of which didn't work. But other than that it's a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Franklin, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stay at this hotel each September for the last 6 years. There was a quality drop when it was sold a few years back. We have been told was sold again recently and clearly the new owners are cleaning it up. Comfortable rooms, much cleaner than in the past. The tub still has mold around the edges, but other than that is clean. I hope to see this hotel to continue to improve and get back to it's original quality.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbellsville
Super 8 Campbellsville KY
BEST WESTERN Columbia
BEST WESTERN Columbia
#1 of 2 in Columbia
Kozy Haven Log Cabin Rentals

Been to Holiday Inn Express Campbellsville? Share your experiences!