“No complaints!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Pinconning, Michigan
“No complaints!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel is right of off the freeway, which makes for easy access. Check in was very quick, and everyone was very friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. The wireless internet worked well. I liked that there were a number of fast food restaurants nearby to choose from. If I were in the area again, and needed a place to stay, I would stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rp2013, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Carrollton, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hotel while you were in the area. I am glad that you found our location very convenient and easily accessible. You are correct in that we are directly off of Interstate 71 and are walking distance to several restaurants nearby. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly upgraded internet and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. Our staff take pride in making sure our Hotel is immaculate inside and out. We look forward to your next visit to Carrollton!

RP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Vegas de Matute, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stay at this hotel weekly when I travel on business. I am always greeted with a smile. The front desk girl felicia is always so helpful. The breakfast at this hotel I'd very fresh the rooms are always clean and the closest thing to home that I have found. I will stay at this hotel many more times and will recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: There is not fitness center at this location but it would be a great thing to add.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that we are delivering to your expectations and are helping you feel like our place is like a second home to you. I appreciate your loyalty to our Hotel and look forward to seeing you again next week!

Dawson Springs Ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We arrived at this inn after checking into and out of a very unpleasant lodge within 10 minutes in the same town. The contrast was was tremendous and the price about the same.
The staff was very polite and helpful at check in. The room was clean and well equipped. Breakfast the next morning was great and we had a good night's sleep. If we visit Carrollton again we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rp2013, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Carrollton, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy to hear that we were able to turn your negative experience at another hotel into a positive one! Thank you for giving us a try! I will let the front desk attendant who checked you in know that you were impressed with her during your check in. She will be pleased to hear that. I am also happy to know that you had a good night's sleep in one of our new beds and found our newly renovated guestrooms to be well-equipped. We try our very best to ensure our hotel provides our guests with the best value for the price paid.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I came to see my family near Carrollton. We decided to stay at the Best Western as it was a convenient location. We were impressed with how friendly the staff were and the service we received. The breakfast was also fresh and my kids enjoyed the waffles. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you found our location convenient and our staff to be friendly and accommodating for you and your family. It is also nice to hear that your kids enjoyed our breakfast! It is important for us to please the little ones as well as the adults! We hope to see your family when you come to visit again!

Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here while i was travelling across the U.S. for business. The staff were welcoming when i arrived and were helpful anytime i needed something. I really did feel like i was home even though i came from overseas. I recommend the hotel for business or pleasure. You will be pleased.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rp2013, Manager at Red Roof Inn Carrollton, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am happy to hear that you chose to stay with us all the way from overseas and found our hotel to be very similar to your own home. Although it cannot replace your home, we try our very best to ensure that every guest has a comfortable experience while staying with us. We hope to see you soon whether it is for business again or for a leisure visit!

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The girl that checked me in at night was nice. She greeted me with a smile when I walked in and was very interested in what brought me to the area, i was impressed with her and the hotel. Price was good and rooms were very clean. Good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rp2013, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Carrollton, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel and staying with us while you were in the area from overseas with your business partner. It made me very happy to see that you and our front desk attendant were carrying on a nice conversation while you were checking into the hotel. Our front desk is always interested in making sure guests have a smooth and quick check-in while also making sure that their needs are met at the same time. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your business visit.

Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Be careful about booking with this motel. Charlotte NC was in a state of emergency and I was not able to get to KY. I called at 1:30 PM to tell the clerk of the issue. The manager told me to look at the very small print at the bottom of my reservation e-mail. Sure enough in very small print it said they needed three days notice for cancellation. First time I ever noticed that. The manager had no compassion. I called their desk at 9:30 PM and was told they had no rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Dale,

Thank you for your review. I looked into the issue above and do apologize for the hotel not being able to cancel your reservation. I understand the unfortunate situation you were in; however the hotel was also put in an unfortunate position not being able to cancel your reservation on the day of your arrival. As you are aware there was a national event being held close to the hotel and leading up to the day of your arrival, the hotel was forced to deny all reservations since others like yourself had booked and guaranteed a room first. Your room would have counted as a room sold since it was a guaranteed reservation which means it is held for you regardless of whether you check into the hotel or not. A room was allocated to you on this day. You had indicated to our Assistant GM the following day when she had apologized that we were unable to reverse the no show charge billed to your credit card, that we did not have to follow our cancellation policy, but that we "choose" to. Unfortunately, it would not be a policy if we did not follow it and it would not be fair to other guests if we picked and chose when to follow it and when not to as we like to treat all guests at the hotel fairly therefore our manager was not in error in the way the situation was handled.

Once again, I would like to apologize and completely understand that you were put in a position that was not under your control. I hope that you also understand the position the hotel was put in at the same time.

RP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Hillside Inn
#3 of 7 in Madison
Ramada Sparta/At Speedway
Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area

Been to Red Roof Inn Carrollton? Share your experiences!